Updated: Yannick tweets again

38 minutes ago, MJS said:

Woooooooooowwwww! Tony Khan should not be responding on social media. So incredibly unprofessional. He should be the adult in the room.

Jags are a dumpster fire.

They aint going to give away Ngakoue. Reading between the lines - it appears that some team - Seahawks or Eagles most likely - has made a lowball offer which Ngakoue camp would like the Jags to take. I may be in the minority here - but Tony Khan is talking sense. Tony Khan was specifically called out by Ngakoue. Tony has been polite yet sensible in his reply. If players can use social media to spin a narrative, the team can do the same.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

They aint going to give away Ngakoue. Reading between the lines - it appears that some team - Seahawks or Eagles most likely - has made a lowball offer which Ngakoue camp would like the Jags to take. I may be in the minority here - but Tony Khan is talking sense. Tony Khan was specifically called out by Ngakoue. Tony has been polite yet sensible in his reply. If players can use social media to spin a narrative, the team can do the same.

No, that's not true. Multi-billion dollar organizations can't afford to stoop to the level of social media arguments.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

No, that's not true. Multi-billion dollar organizations can't afford to stoop to the level of social media arguments.

You are probably right. I guess one can always be the bigger man - but no team should allow a false narrative on social media to remain.  And he was specifically called out by Ngakoe. That said, Khan's tweets will probably be deleted (which will be stupid).

The thing is, it's system designed to protect the NFL teams' assets, namely only giving the player the right to abstain from the season - which isn't much of an option when your career is already short lived. Kahn played right into Yannick's hands by responding on Twitter. All he needed to do was pick up the phone, call him and let him know they're doing their best to get some form of compensation for him and that if he can keep it professional and in-house, he is more likely to get the trade suitor he's looking for, but by sauntering down the low road, this is a public mess. 

To those who say Yannick should just play and shut up, IF he had signed a contract covering him this year I would agree. But in this case the culture, the team, the ownership and the coaches all play a vital role in getting players to WANT to stay or sign in Jax. To me, that is one of top 3 things McD and Beane have done well in Buffalo is changing not only outward perception of the organization but the inward culture that becomes organic and genuine where players actually desire to become part of the team and region. If Jax wants their players to sign subsequent contracts, do a better job earning their loyalty - otherwise, you take the lumps you've given yourself and allow the uninterested party find work elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

You are probably right. I guess one can always be the bigger man - but no team should allow a false narrative on social media to remain.  And he was specifically called out by Ngakoe. That said, Khan's tweets will probably be deleted (which will be stupid).

If Ngakoe rants into the air without the team responding at all, they look awesome and he looks worse. They should be pushing a narrative to the actual media that they are aware of his tweets and have been in conversations with him and his agent about the best manner to proceed to benefit both the organization and Ngakoe.

11 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Yeah.  Ngakoe gets paid to play football, Khan gets paid to run a football team.  Ngakoe has nothing to lose by getting into a Twitter pissing match, Khan does.  He loses face simply by engaging at all.  It’s his job to be smarter than that. 

You know, my first thought when I saw the Ngakoe Tweet was “where is his agent and why isn’t he telling him to stop?”  I can only think of two good reasons:

1) the agent is afraid to lose his client and is keeping quiet or he did say something to Ngakoe and he didn’t listen, or

2) it’s intentional and coordinated with the agent’s involvement with the aim of further poisoning the relationship and thus forcing a trade.

Number 2 kinda makes sense seeing as how it’s right before the draft. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 2

Tony Khan is spending way too much time with the guys in All Elite Wrestling. Pro wrestling locker rooms truly twist your mind and make you change your view on the world, because a pro wrestling locker room has standards that are very different than the rest of the world. Tony Khan cutting a promo. I'm surprised he didn't end with "if you smeeellllllllll what the Khan is cooking." 

The jags organization is a joke, Jr running his pie hole on Twitter proves it. Just shows that inheriting money doesn’t improve one’s intellect. 

So very happy I am of the pre Twitter generation. Social media doing what social media does...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

What an absolute childish exchange these two are making.

With every dimwitted tweet, the trade value goes down.

And the Jags are stuck with Yannick.

I totally get what you’re saying but the owner (and I’m normally pro player) is 100 percent right.  It’s not the team’s duty to do what YN wants.  They should do what’s best for them.  And this guy is just tanking his value.  

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

The jags organization is a joke, Jr running his pie hole on Twitter proves it. Just shows that inheriting money doesn’t improve one’s intellect. 

So very happy I am of the pre Twitter generation. Social media doing what social media does...

Man this extends far beyond football haha.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I totally get what you’re saying but the owner (and I’m normally pro player) is 100 percent right.  It’s not the team’s duty to do what YN wants.  They should do what’s best for them.  And this guy is just tanking his value.  

So very true, 

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

How is the owner 100% right?  When every decent player in the organization wants out, the common denominator is the team.  YN tried doing it the “right way” and it got him nothing.  Now his only option is to follow the Fowler and Ramsey model and throw a tantrum, and it’s going to work.  In the end, Yannick will not be in Jax next year, and no quality FAs are going to touch the Jaguars with a 10 foot pole.

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

A walk down memory lane ..

I had never seen that camera angle before.  Nice.  Josh could stiff arm a T-Rex.  I am sure someone skilled enough could photoshop that.  It'd look good on a t-shirt, I think.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

38 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What he’s saying is right.  Saying it on Twitter is killing his franchise slowly

27 minutes ago, Billl said:

How is the owner 100% right?  When every decent player in the organization wants out, the common denominator is the team.  YN tried doing it the “right way” and it got him nothing.  Now his only option is to follow the Fowler and Ramsey model and throw a tantrum, and it’s going to work.  In the end, Yannick will not be in Jax next year, and no quality FAs are going to touch the Jaguars with a 10 foot pole.

The owner is saying that he can’t trade him until he gets proper compensation.  How is that in any way wrong?

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

What he’s saying is right.  Saying it on Twitter is killing his franchise slowly

The owner is saying that he can’t trade him until he gets proper compensation.  How is that in any way wrong?

Killing the franchise? Lol can't kill something that has been dead for a while.