Updated: Yannick tweets again

7 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I'd love Yannick here.   We have some extra WR's likely after the draft.  

Man just imagine adding Yannick to our already improved DL , draft a CB to compete for CB2 spot , that ( IMO ) could  make this defense from great to elite !!!! 

GO Bills !!!

Edited by Putin

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Makes plenty of sense.

I just wonder what Ngakoue's lowest number per year is. 18 million?

Doubt it, if he's using Ryan Davis as a mouthpiece. 18M is what the franchise tag pays and that is evidently "well below" what he is worth. Probably looking for 20M+

On 3/31/2020 at 11:07 AM, Putin said:

Man just imagine adding Yannick to our already improved DL , draft a CB to compete for CB2 spot , that ( IMO ) could  make this defense from great to elite !!!! 

GO Bills !!!

The defense is already elite by basically any standard.

Just saw him on NFL network. I've never believed we were willing to give up the draft capital plus the money to get him, but when asked about where he wants to go he talked about culture and a community that would embrace him. BOOM BUFFALO!!! 

Haha, I still doubt he's talking Bills, but his word choices were interesting for sure. 

9 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Would you guys give up 2 2nd round picks for him? I have seen his stats but have only seen him play a handful of times so I'm not going to pretend to know what he's worth or what he brings to a team. 

The one play I remember was Josh Allen stiff arming his face to the turf on a QB draw TD run at New Era.  Probably not one of his best.  I wonder if he was one of those hitting Josh as he launched that TD pass to Foster.  I'd have to go back and look.

4 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

Reading too much into it. He’s basically saying the culture in Jacksonville sucks so any culture would be better. 

I wonder if he would feel that way if he were sent to Cleveland or Detroit?

9 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

The one play I remember was Josh Allen stiff arming his face to the turf on a QB draw TD run at New Era.  Probably not one of his best.  I wonder if he was one of those hitting Josh as he launched that TD pass to Foster.  I'd have to go back and look.

He’s smaller than Josh so that makes sense

9 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I wonder if he would feel that way if he were sent to Cleveland or Detroit?

While he doesnt hold ALL the cards, he does have some leverage. Teams arent going to send the Jags a bounty of picks if Ngakoue makes it clear he has no intentions of signing long term there. Which teams will want to confirm before completing the trade.

Same thing Clowney did last year. Gave Houston a short list of teams he'd probably sign long term with, and let them trade from there.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Would you guys give up 2 2nd round picks for him? I have seen his stats but have only seen him play a handful of times so I'm not going to pretend to know what he's worth or what he brings to a team. 

I would, but I think Jax has to be looking for a 1st rounder, plus more. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Yep, that's exactly my proposed trade. Our 2020 2nd and 2021 2nd.

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Give up TWO high draft picks and there would still be no guarantees of him re-signing.

No thanks.

The only way you make the trade is after you talk to the player and ensure a long term deal can get done.

Dee Ford was tagged, traded, and signed long term. So was Frank Clark. It isn't unheard of.

The Chiefs gave up a 1st and future 2nd for Clark.

Both were re-signed to long term deals pretty much the same day they were traded. You work that out ahead of time.

This isnt rocket surgery, or uncharted waters. It's all been done before.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The only way you make the trade is after you talk to the player and ensure a long term deal can get done.

Dee Ford was tagged, traded, and signed long term. So was Frank Clark. It isn't unheard of.

The Chiefs gave up a 1st and future 2nd for Clark.

Both were re-signed to long term deals pretty much the same day they were traded. You work that out ahead of time.

This isnt rocket surgery, or uncharted waters. It's all been done before.

Is Yannick that good where you give up the high picks and sign him to a large contract? I don't know that.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Is Yannick that good where you give up the high picks and sign him to a large contract? I don't know that.

I think a pretty decent number of people would say he's at least on Ford/Clark's level if not better. It's obviously a very high price to pay though, especially considering we already don't have a 1st round pick.

• Like (+1) 1