Do you think if Brady goes back to the Pats that BB will leave?

15 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Fully agree, most of their Super Bowls are bull#### and were from cheating. Don’t like the raiders but that tuck rule was a complete ***** up from the officials. I still feel that Playoff/Super Bowl that year was an inside job from the NFL because of what happened on 9/11. Everyone wanted to be patriotic and wanted the patriots in and nobody including the NFL wanted the Raiders to be in the Super Bowl. I can’t remember who but someone said watch the Raiders get screwed over in this game and they did

I think their Center just retired again and is officially retired. Their o line on paper now isn’t looking good

Always suspected the Patriots and 9/11 was potential "marketing" as the Tuck Rule was the single most outrageous on the fly manufactured rule ever, in any sport to change the outcome of a game.  Maybe the '68 USSR-USA Olympic basketball game fiasco could match the absurdity of the Tuck Rule.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Always suspected the Patriots and 9/11 was potential "marketing" as the Tuck Rule was the single most outrageous on the fly manufactured rule ever, in any sport to change the outcome of a game.  Maybe the '68 USSR-USA Olympic basketball game fiasco could match the absurdity of the Tuck Rule.

How about Roy Jones in the Olympics?

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

Good one, that was just plain simple robbery. Tuck rule they went through the charade of making  some imaginary rule.

I just went back to read the details of the Jones fight again. It’s pretty insane. The one judge said he scored the fight for the Korean fighter because he knew no one else would and he didn’t want to embarrass the host country!! Like, what?!?

Pretty good read: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2012/feb/15/olympic-moments-roy-jones-jr

3 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

According to spotrac, Brady has a 2020 cap hit of $6.75M and a base salary of $30M; he's not listed as a UFA this year.  His 2021 numbers have been voided, so that could be what MJS was referring to.

For some reason, spotrac says he does.

Brady got a +20MM signing bonus before last season for a 3-yr deal that voided after the first year (don't ask me).  Therefore the signing bonus is split over 3 years for $6.75MM each year.  So if he retires or leaves (check me on that last part) all of it goes to dead cap at $13.5, if he resigns then only $6.75MM goes against the cap this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SNICE said:

Brady got a +20MM signing bonus before last season for a 3-yr deal that voided after the first year (don't ask me).  Therefore the signing bonus is split over 3 years for $6.75MM each year.  So if he retires or leaves (check me on that last part) all of it goes to dead cap at $13.5, if he resigns then only $6.75MM goes against the cap this year.

Interesting contract, to say the least.  Sounds like if Brady leaves, NE gets screwed with a $13.5M dead cap hit.  Good for them...they deserve it.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think you contradict yourself, there aint no way they should have given up on Jimmie G, certainly not for a second round pick.  So either Belichek's hand was forced or it weas one of his biggest peronnel blunders ......hardly near perfecion.

I don’t think jimmy G is all that good. Maybe bill didn’t either. None of us know for sure. But a 2nd round pick for a backup is quite a nice haul. 

I think you contradict yourself, there aint no way they should have given up on Jimmie G, certainly not for a second round pick.  So either Belichek's hand was forced or it weas one of his biggest peronnel blunders ......hardly near perfecion.

At the point JG was traded he was in the final months of his contract.  The Patriots could either trade him for a 2nd & get him out of the AFC, or keep him for a few more months and get a 3rd round comp pick a year later, which equates to a round later = a 4th.  Better to take a 2nd in the upcoming draft than the equivalent of a 4th.  

SF got a good deal because they were a NFC team that was willing to give up a 2nd for a player whose contract was up & could become a free agent at the end of the season.  

The Patriots could have gotten a 1st in the prior off season but the bidders were in the AFC (Cleveland was the main rumored suitor).  The Patriots also wanted to have more time to make sure Brady wasn't done before trading JG and in fact, waited until the last possible day to trade him.

Belichick's hand was forced by his impending free agency.   

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes, so much dysfunction that, as soon as Jimmy G was gone, NE continued on to their 2nd and 3rd consecutive SB appearances (both with "an over 40 year old QB")  and 6th SB win.

Incredible when people have their minds made up, isn't it? 

Dude won a SB, and last year they were one of the top teams, Brady having 4075 yards, 24 TD and 8 Int. 

Hate the guy all you want, and age WILL become a factor, and yes I believe he has slowed down for sure, but he's still clutch with Top 10 numbers!

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

At the point JG was traded he was in the final months of his contract.  The Patriots could either trade him for a 2nd & get him out of the AFC, or keep him for a few more months and get a 3rd round comp pick a year later, which equates to a round later = a 4th.  Better to take a 2nd in the upcoming draft than the equivalent of a 4th.  

SF got a good deal because they were a NFC team that was willing to give up a 2nd for a player whose contract was up & could become a free agent at the end of the season.  

The Patriots could have gotten a 1st in the prior off season but the bidders were in the AFC (Cleveland was the main rumored suitor).  The Patriots also wanted to have more time to make sure Brady wasn't done before trading JG and in fact, waited until the last possible day to trade him.

Belichick's hand was forced by his impending free agency.   

Well then IMO the Pats (de facto GM belichek) played the entire contract situation wrong, should have never gotten to the point where they had a gun to their head.  We dont know what teams were intersted but I doubt Belciehk was worried about Jimmie G going to Cleveland,.  Going to  AFC East teams,  Balt, KC, yeah i could see that.  SF didnt get a good deal, they dot a great deal.  

Well then IMO the Pats (de facto GM belichek) played the entire contract situation wrong, should have never gotten to the point where they had a gun to their head.  We dont know what teams were intersted but I doubt Belciehk was worried about Jimmie G going to Cleveland,.  Going to  AFC East teams,  Balt, KC, yeah i could see that.  SF didnt get a good deal, they dot a great deal.  

He was worried that Brady would hit a wall & kept JG as long as he could.  JG was never going to re-sign with NE unless he was the starter and they kept him until the last day he could be traded.  One reason the Patriots couldn't get more was they didn't have the cap room to franchise JG and then trade him.  The day they traded him was the final day they could.  SF took a small risk because they would either have to re-sign him for huge bucks or franchise him.  At the point of the trade he had only played a few games.  By the time the season ended SF saw his impact & it was an easy decision to give him millions.  

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

He was worried that Brady would hit a wall & kept JG as long as he could.  JG was never going to re-sign with NE unless he was the starter and they kept him until the last day he could be traded.  One reason the Patriots couldn't get more was they didn't have the cap room to franchise JG and then trade him.  The day they traded him was the final day they could.  SF took a small risk because they would either have to re-sign him for huge bucks or franchise him.  At the point of the trade he had only played a few games.  By the time the season ended SF saw his impact & it was an easy decision to give him millions.  

You are clearly more knowledgaeble about the situation than I but again, waiting till the final day they could trade him, under the gun, speaks mismanagment to me.  I give Belcihek credit for always letting popular stars walk maybe a year too early (according to the fans and media) and getting prime compensation for it. I also blame him for only getting  a 2nd for Jimmie G.  What we he be worth now 2 1sts?

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

So because the name of the team is “Patriots“, the owners (“the NFL”) got together to rig a divisional playoff game so “the Patriots” could face the 13-3 Steelers in the AFCC game hoping they would then go on to the SB.....where “Patriots” would defeat Osama bin Laden (I mean the Rams)?

No,  THAT’S not absurd...

100% Brady leaves the Pats.  It's not about the $ at this point.  It's about proving he can be a winner w/o Belichick.  Unfortunately, for Brady, he waited too long to separate - his skills are diminished and he won't take another team to a championship.  Belichick, on the other hand, will have continued success - especially with his  *real* ace-in-the-hole - Ernie Adams.  Also, Kraft's legal issues not going away soon and *if* the NFL ever gets around to punishing the Pats* for latest video-taping scandal, that has some potential to weaken the product this coming season.  If I'm Brady, I want OUT.

11 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

I dunno.  This assumes that Kraft approaches the situation like a jerk.  I think Kraft might instead be able to massage things and arrive at a happy ending with Belichick.  Gotta hand it to the guy if he does.    

If there is a wall of fame for legendary posts, this belongs at the top!