Tee Higgins was tired so he chose not to participate

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

That was my feeling too. How can they have sent nobody all year to watch the number 2 team in the country? Seems highly irregular of its true. 

Not only are they a great team, they have been an NFL assembly line over the past five years or so.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, mannc said:

Not only are they a great team, they have been an NFL assembly line over the past five years or so.

According to the Astro chart in the other thread however the Bills have sent the GM / Assistant GM to Clemson 3 times. So the "have not scouted Higgins" sounds like poppycock. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/3/2020 at 1:38 AM, Lurker said:

This is my last post on this, but I think the combine does show character.   

Sure, it's about test scores.   But it's also about how players go about the testing.  How do they interact with one another?     Do they want to excel?    Do they want to beat their competition?   Do they take a chance and put themselves on the line?    Or do they say I'm not good enough today, check back in a few weeks when I'm in a familiar and comfortable setting and can bring my binky with me?

Players can choose to compete or they can choose to sit.    Sure, there are plenty of examples of guys who DNP'd the combine and had careers in the NFL.     But I think the Bills need competitors, not transactional players...

Fair enough if you think so.

But year after year guys don't work out at the combine, there's a fan firestorm about it along with a few quotes from scouts and pundits, and then the guy goes about where expected. The teams don't seem to care, which makes total sense to me, personally.

Edited by Thurman#1

7 hours ago, 1997WS6 said:

The issue is you’re missing part of the quote. It’s been explained to you, but many places are leaving out the last part of what he said. . The real, full quote is “We had a long season and I only had four or five weeks to prepare for this, and I feel like that’s not enough time compared to all these other guys who had two months, or a month.“  if you watch the clip, you’ll understand the disconnect. 

I did see it - and i posted that exact full quote from the nfl.com article. is the issue that you think he doesn’t know how many weeks are in a month? Come on.  It’s obvious he’s just trying to say they had an extra month to prepare. I haven’t seen anyone think differently about it except here. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Astro thinks Beane and/or Schoen have been three times so I think the whole story about the Bills not scouting Clemson is probably just wrong.

I’ve noticed he misses some stuff on scouting visits which is not surprising given how much data he collects 

I remember we all though they never went to see josh Allen because there were no documented visits to his games and then we saw video of Beane like 3 rows up at a Wyoming game 

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve noticed he misses some stuff on scouting visits which is not surprising given how much data he collects 

I remember we all though they never went to see josh Allen because there were no documented visits to his games and then we saw video of Beane like 3 rows up at a Wyoming game 

Do you know if that video is still available? I’d love to see Beane in the stands watching Allen. I assume he sat so close not to watch the game but to watch how Allen “works” on the sidelines with his coaches and team mates. 

23 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Do you know if that video is still available? I’d love to see Beane in the stands watching Allen. I assume he sat so close not to watch the game but to watch how Allen “works” on the sidelines with his coaches and team mates. 

The video was actually him watching him throw and warm up before the game I think - I will see if it’s still out there 

8 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I really like Marino, and I listened as well, but sometimes stuff like this I wonder if that someone from the Bills that likes him is an area scout or something like that. And idk, it just doesn’t seem like they scouted Clemson enough to really have their sights set on him? But that’s just me. 

I promise you Clemson has been scouted plenty.