Share an Unpopular Bills-Related Opinion

The Bills should build a fabulous retractable dome stadium downtown by the lake and the taxpayers should pay for 100% of it so I have somewhere nice to come and see games roughly once a year. I promise to leave some tax dollars after eating and drinking my way thru town. That could total hundreds of dollars in economic stimulus! 

Okay, that may not actually be an opinion as much as a health check for some of you. I assume no liability if anyone stroked out after reading that. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, corta765 said:

I would change this to the tailgate experience is very limited and if the Bills ever were to expand it to have more options like on campus restaurants and parties they'd be stunned at how many more fans and families especially would be willing to show and not tailgate

I like your wording better and agree with the rest.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, corta765 said:

-If the renovate the stadium and do not build a new one the Bills have 15 years before relocation talks become real if a new stadium is not considered. The NFL has become so money hungry and could care less about the fans that with the Pegula's aging and the leagues oversea's priority Toronto could become a bigger threat if we do not have a new palace. Atlanta has built two stadiums better then the New Era in 30 years, owners notice this.

Great points mentioned in your post above.  I'll add to this quoted selection:

-- At the rate of greed and constant tinkering of what made the league great, the NFL has 15 years left of existance.

Mine is the thinking that this schedule is too hard for the Bills to have a winning record and make the playoffs this year.

I call Bull crap on that...we don't even know the starting QB's for 5 opponents yet.

2 home games Bolts and Patsies

4 Road games Titans,Donkeys,Vegas,Patsies.

The Squeelers are starting their RG under center ;) (come on people he looks that fat)

The Fish have the aged bearded rifle hucking it up for grabs.

KC the Sea Turds and San Fran may cause some grief though.(side note we can boo Olsens catches if he is still healthy then ;) )

Well that is my partial take on the 2020 season.

Go Bills :) 

11 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Great points mentioned in your post above.  I'll add to this quoted selection:

-- At the rate of greed and constant tinkering of what made the league great, the NFL has 15 years left of existance.

Thanks I agree. The NFL is playing a really dangerous game right now with this 17th game stuff. I think it will go through OK, but the owners want 18 games and are always hellbent on more revenue. The NFL is the only professional sport (in the US) that's regular season matters to the point every game is good. The moment that changes the moment they will break so much of the good the league has.

To me one of the biggest stories of the last decade that did not receive enough attention was the fact the NFL let the Rams move from St. Louis despite the Rams fans and community following to a T exactly what needs to be done by NFL by laws to keep their team. The NFL wanted a team in LA and was able to get their way. If you follow the rules and still get burnt like that it does not give me a tremendous amount of hope that the NFL really cares about your community just the $. It's why I am not as bullish as I use to be on the Bills future if they do not have a new stadium. I just think the NFL would truthfully rather have teams in international markets over places like Buffalo, Cleveland, even Green Bay.

Maybe I am wrong and panicky, but the league has tripped over itself for years now and has lacked vision to the point it will bite them hard. As is the Chargers move is a disaster where owners are saying the team should just go back. Paul Tagilabaeu remarked how bad it was for markets to move or lose teams and there is a reason why after the Browns move teams stayed put a lot more and the NFL worked to keep teams in markets.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I just think the NFL would truthfully rather have teams in international markets over places like Buffalo, Cleveland, even Green Bay.

Maybe I am wrong and panicky, but the league has tripped over itself for years now and has lacked vision to the point it will bite them hard.

I was reading about the demographics of NFL fans and they are aging (average fan is now 50). They think if they give England and Mexico a team you'll get millions of fans by default. I think it's just the opposite and they need to cultivate more of a family culture going to the game to get dads and sons to go to the games more.

Edited by BigBillsFan

31 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

I was reading about the demographics of NFL fans and they are aging (average fan is now 50). They think if they give England and Mexico a team you'll get millions of fans by default. I think it's just the opposite and they need to cultivate more of a family culture going to the game to get dads and sons to go to the games more.

Yep. A lot of people don’t like hearing it but our tailgating is a double edge sword and very anti family. I won’t take my son until he’s at least 10 to a game. In general there is a massive market for families the NFL could tap into if they want.

i should also add on the greed side and anti fan nature lately of the NFL the moving of training camps from colleges where fans and kids especially can meet their heroes for free back to the NFL facilities is one of the worst things that’s happened. I understand why the moves have occurred I’m prepping for the Bills to leave Fisher but it takes away another avenue for fan interaction without spending $500 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Granted the fumble against the Patriots was a pretty big snafu.  But otherwise Leodis was a great Bill 

And the  landscaping on his property is legendary ;)

Jordan Phillips will be greatly missed if he doesn't come back and Harrison Phillips has done absolutely nothing to show he can be an adequate replacement.

The Bills need a superstar on offense before they will be serious championship contenders.  Hoping for Josh to develop further and giving him a rookie wr isn't enough.  They need a game breaker before they can be true SB contenders.