Share an Unpopular Bills-Related Opinion

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

London Fletcher was a really good linebacker. Poz was a good linebacker.  The common refrain of "only makes tackles 5 years downfield!" is for idiots.

Agree on Fletcher.  Disagree about Poz, would say he was only an average NFL caliber linebacker.  Certainly never lived up to his draft hype.  Fletcher was awesome though

On 3/1/2020 at 2:11 PM, BuffaloBillies said:

I don't love Harrison Philips nearly as much as others do. I think he hurts our defense this year. 

I honestly think it is too soon to determine one way or another on this......he was "ok" in year one and thought he came into year 2 much more productive......but then he got hurt......

As far as "hurting" our defense......not likely as he is in a rotation

The old uniforms are much better then the new uniforms

44 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Hardcore,  defend everything about the 2000s Bills, have an excuse why it wasn't really this guys fault, are some of the dumbest SOBs I ever encountered about football.

:worthy::beer:

5 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I'd to agree and expound. I love Brandon Beane, and do think he was an upgrade. We took a clear step backwards last year for the long term. I think if we kept Tyrod and the status qo, we have another 8-9 win season, and possibly back our way into the playoffs again. 

That said, I think Doug Whaley was under the pressure to "win now," and wasn't allowed to take that necessary step back year to help build us for the long term. I think he was on a short leash, and wasn't given the freedom that Beane has. Hence the reach for players like Sammy and EJ.

I realize this is an opinion thread, but I have a hard time agreeing that Whaley was under pressure to "win now".  EJ was drafted in 2013, Sammy was drafted in 2014, and Whaley wasn't fired until after the 2016 season.  That's 4 full years.  Whaley was the last person to benefit from Ralph's "next guy in the building's turn to play NFL GM" policy, and gained some extra time due to the new owners' inexperience.  The day he was let go was the day I started to billieve again.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/5/2020 at 4:24 PM, BillsPride12 said:

Agree on Fletcher.  Disagree about Poz, would say he was only an average NFL caliber linebacker.  Certainly never lived up to his draft hype.  Fletcher was awesome though

I mean he was a day 2 pick. 

to play 11 years as a starter and notch a pro bowl lends itself to being average to a little above. But as a pick in the 30s that’s a pretty solid career