If Brady leaves, who replaces him?

ny33

27 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Tony Eason was drafted by Patriots in 1983 one pick after Bills selected Kelly.

In an odd twist, Jacob Eason’s father is named Tony, but it is not the same Tony Eason that was drafted in 1983 by the Patriots 

One of the best ESPN 30 for 30s is Elway to Mario, which was mostly Marvin Demoff (agent for both those guys) discussing the 1983 draft and everything going on up to it.   I recall Ron Meyer, then NE coach, saying he was not a believer at all in Eason because he didn't have the physical stature of guys like Kelly, Mario and Elway.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I would have to guess it would be Mariota as the favorite, followed by the possibilities of Tannehill and Dalton. 
Regardless who goes there including Brady I think we’ll see a much different team focused on the run game. Michel and White is a pretty lethal combo of run/pass options. 

id have to ask why mariota at the top of the list???

15 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I feel like the pats think they are good enough to win with a cheap option at QB. Bridgewater  figures to get paid. 

I have a feeling they go with the backup they currently have or else someone on a 1 or 2-year deal, like a Mariotta or even a trade for Dalton. 

bridgewaters fixing to get a 2 year 40m type of deal not a serious qb pay day 

52 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

id have to ask why mariota at the top of the list???

He’s the easiest to get.

Dalton is still under contract and needs to be traded/released.

Bridgewater is probably the best option but also the most expensive. On top of him loving the saints and them wanting him back again. 

Panthers said Newton is staying put. 

Mariota at the top of the list just based on experience/availability. And I’m sure BB can get the most out of his skill set 

7 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Ryan Tennehill

Belichick has been quoted on praising him

1 hour ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Not a chance.

I read an article saying that we might target Hurts if he falls to us in the 2nd or 3rd round.

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Bridgewater.

I’ll say this much if Brady does leave then New England is going to take a huge step backwards lol. Bridge water isn’t going to make much of a difference even if he does sign with them. Hell Minnesota didn’t even think he was good enough to keep. Bridgewater is a great back up, probably one of the best in the league but he is not a starter. And any team that signs him to be there starter for 16 games all I have to say is good luck

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

bridgewaters fixing to get a 2 year 40m type of deal not a serious qb pay day 

It will be interesting to see how FA plays out. I think bridgewater thinks there will be a market for him at $30M per year and multi-year. I’m not sure if teams will pay that much though. 

I just don’t see a fit better than Bridgewater. Honestly Brady has become a game manager. He’s not pushing the ball down field dictating what the defense does. Bridgewater can throw accurate underneath routes, will have no problem checking it down and hit the occasional seam route. More importantly he’s not going to play hero ball and create turnovers. 

13 hours ago, stuvian said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick - if only to complete the ACFE jersey collection.

In all seriousness I expect Jacoby Brissett. Apparently BB was quite upset at having to turn him loose at the outset.

I'm going with Nick Foles.  

Btw, Garoppolo was the QB Belichick hated to lose.  I don't think he shed a tear over Brissett.

Two weeks before the Nov. 1 trading deadline, Belichick met with Kraft to discuss the quarterback situation. According to staffers, the meeting ran long, lasting half the day and pushing back Belichick's other meetings. The office was buzzing. The meeting ended with a clear mandate to Belichick: trade Garoppolo because he would not be in the team's long-term plans, and then, once again, find the best quarterback in the draft and develop him. Belichick was furious and demoralized, according to friends. But in the end, he did what he asks of his players and coaches: He did his job. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread180105/beginning-end-new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick-internal-power-struggle