If Brady leaves, who replaces him?

ny33

4 hours ago, ALF said:

Brady’s agent reportedly is meeting with the Colts, Chargers and Raiders at the combine — and not with the Giants — while negotiations with the Patriots are on hold until salary cap parameters are known after the new collective bargaining agreement is voted on.

Patriots could turn Jacob Eason into Tom Brady 2.0

https://nypost.com/2020/02/29/patriots-could-turn-jacob-eason-into-tom-brady-2-0/

Might be leverage to get a bigger contract from NE*,  although two indoor stadiums and a new one in good weather would be tempting.

Any relation to Tony Eason?

Personally I could see the Patriots doing after Marcus Mariota. As he's still young and can see McDaniels trying to make him an offense like he did with Tim Tebow.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, ny33 said:

Let’s presume, for the purpose of this discussion, that Brady is going elsewhere (probably Tennessee, LA, or Vegas). There’s been plenty of speculation on where he might go, but not much discussion on who would replace him. 

Belichick should have a shot at Jordan Love or Jacob Eason without moving up. I think Bridgewater would be a good fit in his offense with a rookie learning behind him, or Belichick might be looking towards the 2021 rookie crop. I don’t see Winston, Rivers etc. ending up on the Patriots. 

If the Cheatriots want Jordan Love, they will need to move up to get ahead of Indianapolis.  I doubt that they will do that.  Eason may not even make it to pick 23 but should fall far enough for them to make a reasonable move to get him.  I'm not sold on the idea that Bellicheat wants Brady back.  He may be ready to go to an established veteran game manager, groom a young guy, rely on a strong running game, and play good defense for a couple of years.  The guy that I'm watching is Alex Smith.  If he is recovered from his leg injury, Washington will probably release him.  He is just the kind of player that Bellicheat likes.  He's experienced, smart, and doesn't turn the ball over.  Bridgewater and Dalton are also decent options IMHO.

I think you are absolutely correct about Winston and Rivers.  I would also throw Newton on that pile.

• Like (+1) 1

I would have to guess it would be Mariota as the favorite, followed by the possibilities of Tannehill and Dalton. 
Regardless who goes there including Brady I think we’ll see a much different team focused on the run game. Michel and White is a pretty lethal combo of run/pass options. 

It Would have to be someone who is open to participating in a scheme to side step the rules of good sportsmanship, so that may or may not limit who would want to go their voluntarily as a FA. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

It Would have to be someone who is open to participating in a scheme to side step the rules of good sportsmanship, so that may or may not limit who would want to go their voluntarily as a FA. 

If the Buffalo fans agree to continue to supply ‘adult appliances’ to the New England QB, maybe that will be a selling point.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If the Buffalo fans agree to continue to supply ‘adult appliances’ to the New England QB, maybe that will be a selling point.  ?

Interesting thought... though I do think it would be better if Tawmy was the continued recipient of said adult appliances regardless of his next destination. In fact wouldn’t it be grand if opposing teams fans from around the league participated in supplying said appliances during every game he plays, that would be super don’t you think? 

7 hours ago, ny33 said:

Let’s presume, for the purpose of this discussion, that Brady is going elsewhere (probably Tennessee, LA, or Vegas). There’s been plenty of speculation on where he might go, but not much discussion on who would replace him. 

Belichick should have a shot at Jordan Love or Jacob Eason without moving up. I think Bridgewater would be a good fit in his offense with a rookie learning behind him, or Belichick might be looking towards the 2021 rookie crop. I don’t see Winston, Rivers etc. ending up on the Patriots. 

Rivers or Bridgewater.

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Interesting thought... though I do think it would be better if Tawmy was the continued recipient of said adult appliances regardless of his next destination. In fact wouldn’t it be grand if opposing teams fans from around the league participated in supplying said appliances during every game he plays, that would be super don’t you think? 

Perhaps Mrs. B. would appreciate the gesture.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Bridgewater.

I feel like the pats think they are good enough to win with a cheap option at QB. Bridgewater  figures to get paid. 

I have a feeling they go with the backup they currently have or else someone on a 1 or 2-year deal, like a Mariotta or even a trade for Dalton.