If Brady leaves, who replaces him?

ny33

Let’s presume, for the purpose of this discussion, that Brady is going elsewhere (probably Tennessee, LA, or Vegas). There’s been plenty of speculation on where he might go, but not much discussion on who would replace him. 

Belichick should have a shot at Jordan Love or Jacob Eason without moving up. I think Bridgewater would be a good fit in his offense with a rookie learning behind him, or Belichick might be looking towards the 2021 rookie crop. I don’t see Winston, Rivers etc. ending up on the Patriots. 

Brady’s agent reportedly is meeting with the Colts, Chargers and Raiders at the combine — and not with the Giants — while negotiations with the Patriots are on hold until salary cap parameters are known after the new collective bargaining agreement is voted on.

Patriots could turn Jacob Eason into Tom Brady 2.0

https://nypost.com/2020/02/29/patriots-could-turn-jacob-eason-into-tom-brady-2-0/

Might be leverage to get a bigger contract from NE*,  although two indoor stadiums and a new one in good weather would be tempting.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

That is my answer as well. 

I can't see that.   

If they're going to have bad quarterbacking (which they would with Dalton), better to have it with a younger player who can grow rather than a old guy who can only go further downhill.    

OTOH, it would be great to watch the Patriots fans perform seppuku everytime Andy throws a pick or fails to convert a third down...

Edited by Lurker