Tryee Jackson should play in the XFL

Tatonka68

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

You think $66,110 is a decent living? I’d be on the streets!! Where do you live?

I made that amnt at my first job in high school, serving tables. 

Embarrassing, pro athletes who can’t even make enough to afford a $2000 mortgage is bad, bad news. Let the charade end...

This is what I live on. I have a paid off mortgage in a 200k house.  A paid for cash 6k$ car. The bride has a paid for cash 16k$ van. I just bought a 3500$ paid for cash motorcycle. Finally in 10 years I should be retiring with nearly a 2 million dollar nestegg.  Everything I own I pay cash for it or go without. Only difference between me, them and you is they love what they are doing and you cant handle money. Normally I dont reply like that but your attitude sucks. 

Btw, to answer your question, NNY.

Edited by fansince88
  • Like (+1) 1

You think $66,110 is a decent living? I’d be on the streets!! Where do you live?

Embarrassing, pro athletes who can’t even make enough to afford a $2000 mortgage is bad, bad news. Let the charade end...

LOL, no you didn't.

This post......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

The median household income is like 40-50k in Buffalo. 

59 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Throughout High School (Pittsford Mendon), I worked at a country club, as a banquet server/ bartender made $35-$40/ hour. I’ll let you do the math. 

Was it a 40 hour week, or part time?

These are pro athletes, not cashiers at Wegmans. They should be making enough to support their family comfortably. 

Your personal situation is obviously very unique. Not too many families can live off of $70,000 comfortably. If I made that where I am, I’d be in a bad situation, struggling for housing, food etc. 

Location obviously plays a part. 

Not sure what you mean about my attitude, but I didn’t mean to make you jealous or angry, I was talking in general. Please accept my apology. 

My point was originally these guys are getting another chance to prove themselves.68k and a chance to prove you belong is a great position in to sacrifice.  You do realize what NFL league minimum is? 

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Was it a 40 hour week, or part time?

This is what I was thinking. If he was in High School in the last 10 years it was a max of 20 hours a week. That isnt 70k a year. But that would help us do the math. Also, must be 21 to bartend in NY. Im getting sceptical 

Edited by fansince88

What are you doing if you couldn't live on 66,000? I mean come on.  I guess if you live a very lavish and luxurious life style, you couldn't but 66,000 is a lot of money to live on and still have a high quality of life. 

Also, how were you bartending while in high school. I wasn't allowed to touch/serve beer in restaurants until I was 18. So best case scenario, you had one summer to this, unless you were 19 going on 20 as a senior.

Edited by letsgoteam

Throughout High School (Pittsford Mendon), I worked at a country club, as a banquet server/ bartender made $35-$40/ hour. I’ll let you do the math. 

40 hr work (full time)week is 2000 hrs a year with 2 weeks off.  66,000 would come in at $33 an hour....serving country club banquet food....and bartending as a HS kid. 

where to start with all this...?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

40 hr work (full time)week is 2000 hrs a year with 2 weeks off.  66,000 would come in at $33 an hour....serving country club banquet food....and bartending as a HS kid. 

where to start with all this...?

He was a full a time FTE 2080 with 5 weeks vacation and vested pension plan

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Damn!  I think it's time the waiters should start tipping me.

• Like (+1) 1

I loved TJ3 at UB. He won alot of games at UB and I watched every snap of his career , he just isn't an NFL QB

I will go out and say he wasn't even the best QB on UBs roster. When he went down Drew Anderson came in and didn't miss a beat. He was a much better passer than Tyree, he had a game with like 700 yards passing and 7 TDs

And I actually mentioned that at draft time last year

And Drew Anderson is still on an NFL roster. He had a great arm, Tyree was a better athlete

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

On the STREETS making 66k??

I think you need a financial consultant my man.

Or he lives in Manhattan, Boca Raton, Beverly Hills, Palo Alto..... I would be in dire straits where I live without a $75k plus annual earnings. Our median single family home price in my city is nearing $900k

21 hours ago, fansince88 said:

I have actually watched a few or the games in the XFL. These guys are playing there for a paycheck. 

In all, a player who spends the entire year in the XFL ($27,040), starts every game ($16,850), and wins half of his games ($11,110) will make $55,000. That is the number the league is using as the average player salary with full-time starters earning salaries between $43,890 to $66,110. (copy and paste from SI.com)

Not bad for people that couldn't stick in their dream job as a NFL player. That said they are playing to get noticed. Most players wont be noticed as baggers at a local grocery store only to win the Super Bowl. Just the same most posters wont be noticed for their dream job of a NFL GM....?

This is very true - you get to train with a team instead of on your own.  You get to put more film out there that might convince teams to sign you at the end of the season.  

If you don't sign a futures deal at the end of the NFL season - you have this as your way of playing football in the spring.  It doesn't pay super well, but by the end of april the seasons over and teams will have something to watch to determine whether you're worth signing.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I loved TJ3 at UB. He won alot of games at UB and I watched every snap of his career , he just isn't an NFL QB

I will go out and say he wasn't even the best QB on UBs roster. When he went down Drew Anderson came in and didn't miss a beat. He was a much better passer than Tyree, he had a game with like 700 yards passing and 7 TDs

And I actually mentioned that at draft time last year

And Drew Anderson is still on an NFL roster. He had a great arm, Tyree was a better athlete

I'm in the DC area so I've been keeping an eye on his XFL career.  It's been pretty unspectacular to say the least.  Cardale has been horrible the past 2 weeks, overthrowing wide open guys downfield and taking bad sacks.  Coach still won't give Tyree any meaningful playing time.  When TJ gets in the game, he mostly hands off, does a planned QB run for 3-4 yards,,,or gets hurried into a terrible throw where his receiver is double or triple covered.  They blitz the heck out of him so he sometimes tries to elude guys, can't make a quick read and ultimately takes a sack.  He's just not quick enough with his reads or accurate enough to get the ball there.

3 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Ok. Maybe not on the streets, but close. My mortgage for my house is 9k a month for a 1500 sq house. I have a wife and two kids. I’m in Cali so taxes are high. The rat race is aggressive. You have two choices; working poor or wealthy. There is no middle class here. If it wasn’t for my career, everyone in the household would have to work. 

Good news is if I ever want to move back to Rochester, I’d retire like a king...but I can’t stand the weather. 

You used a Cali salary perspective in a conversation that was using a WNY salary range to skew your image in what was being discussed. I would said weird flex, but not really weird, just patting your own back. High(er) end jobs that you find in WNY pay much more in higher cost of living areas (such as Cali) to counter-balance...well, the cost of living. I am glad you have a well paying job in Cali with a family and life is good.

That being said, yes, you can live comfortably in many parts of WNY (not all) with a personal income of ~66k. This assumes another person is also adding to that household income. If not, it shrinks where you can live, and puts a bit of a squeeze, but can be do-able.

No one would hire you at your current salary in Rochester, NY. You would need to take a pay cut. Not saying you likely wouldn't still be well off (not curious either way due to the teenage BS you peddled earlier).

I think the point is, don't derail the conversation just you rub yourself off.

I am doing well as compared to the WNY market. As a household, we are in great shape...and oddly, we still haven't bought a house as we are cleaning up debt. As another poster added, sometimes how you manage your money/debt/expense ratio is as important as income.

Back to the topic: Yes, these players are playing for additional shots to make it upstairs to the NFL, even if its just the practice squad at first. I like that it gives us more football and that it gives them more exposure. Win/win.