Anything less than winning the division next year is a failure

Tesla03

Those of us who have been reasonably astute in our predictions during the McBeane regime (pats self on back) have said all along that 2020 is the year the Bills become one of the "big boys" in the NFL.  The culture is in place, the expectations are there, the QB is entering his 3rd year, and there are resources to add the needed pieces to complete the roster.

• Like (+1) 6

Every season kind of stands on its own.   This past season, completely healthy playing against largely bad quarterbacks , this was an 11 win team (would have beaten Jets in last game if they needed it).   Assuming the injury count returns to at least the league average , plus out of division playing Wilson, Mahomes, Jimmy G, Carr , Goff, instead of a duck, whoever the hell that was QB ing the Redskins,  mariota, et al.  I would think 10 wins would be a progress.   It'll all come down to those 2 games against the Pats.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Shouldn't you reverse the order of operations there?  Sacrifice the goat to help ensure the division title.

We’re talking about Brady right?

?

13 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If we don’t win the division next year,  I’m sacrificing a goat.

Don't you mean GOAT as in Greatest Of All Time Cheater?

1 hour ago, JK Fan said:

The first goal for this team in 2020 has to be beat the cheats at home.  Until they do that, they will not be recognized as contenders for the division.

What can the Bills do if they still get the calls no one else get? 

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I love that people are raising their standards for this team. 

At minimum, this team had better beat New England in one of the matchups.  

...better be REAL careful with this reasonable starting point stuff here.....consider a kevlar vest.......the Fisher Price wi-fi provided "AFCE or failure" stuff is free comic relief.....

It may be necessary to win the division in order to go to the playoffs.

That said, I think the Bills should win the division.  And when they do, they should win at least one playoff game.

That's my "failure line."  We're in year four.  Show me the ***** baby.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It may be necessary to win the division in order to go to the playoffs.

That said, I think the Bills should win the division.  And when they do, they should win at least one playoff game.

That's my "failure line."  We're in year four.  Show me the ***** baby.

So winning the division and losing in the playoffs is a failed season?