Anything less than winning the division next year is a failure

Tesla03

With Brady all but gone from NE, Dolphins still in a rebuild, and Jets being the Jets...the Bills have the best opportunity in 20+ years next season to win the division. 

Mcdermott has done amazing here, but the one thing he needs to do now is learn how to beat Bill B and New England and take over the division. Is the schedule tough next year? Yea, but the beauty of the NFL is that we basically share the same schedule as our division so there is no excuse there. 

Ideally next season's aim should be a division win +playoff win minimum. Obviously we can only go as far as Josh Allen takes us, if he continues his development and does not regress next year we really have a great chance of taking the division. 

Edited by Tesla03
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

And all we have to do is score more points than our opponent. j/k

Seriously if we don't win the division it will be a huge let-down. My only fear is even if Brady is gone the 13th man in the refs let their o-line make love to the defenders with holding and the receivers run pick plays and push off. The 13th man is strong with the Cheats*

• Like (+1) 1

We have no clue about how tough are schedule will be . 

KC/SF will be tough but Tenn/Pit/Sea should be tough. Oak/Ari/Den/LAC/NYJ x 2/Mia x 2/ we should be favorites. NE x2 and Rams are a mystery.  

Schedule is really a mystery compared to this year. If NE takes another step back , it can actually be a fairly easy ride to 10-12 wins and a Division title. We have no GLARING holes and will bolster the weaker positions. We're in prime position to take over the East for years to come. 

• Like (+1) 5

Failure is, IMO, too strong of a word. I’ll give you disappointing, but it’s too soon to judge at this moment. There are too many unknowns.

Keep in mind, you can come in second in the division, and still win the Super Bowl! I can’t call that a failure. 

• Like (+1) 7

49 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I hear you.

Id say anything less than a playoff win next year is a failure.... if they don’t win the division but make the playoffs and demonstrate their able to beat any team while winning the first round of the playoffs I wouldn’t consider it a failure.... but they should be super bowl contenders next season. I expect them to be.

Bingo. Playoff performance is more important than winning the division.

• Like (+1) 1

Doing worse or the same as this past season would of course be disappointing, and I fully expect an improved team that can score three TDs per game, and sometimes more, and frankly if we can’t do that we haven’t improved at positions that we have to improve at, and some rethinking in in order, none the less I will still be a Bills fan and see humor in my generally over blown expectations ?

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Shouldn't you reverse the order of operations there?  Sacrifice the goat to help ensure the division title.

Is this a season opener recipe thread? Cookout at Royale’s place!!!  Count me in! Do I need a special sign on my dashboard? Please advise @Royale with Cheese

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Is this a season opener recipe thread? Cookout at Royale’s place!!!  Count me in! Do I need a special sign on my dashboard? Please advise @Royale with Cheese

How To BBQ Goat.  For football relevance, note that the presenter is wearing a hat with a large "D" in the center, indicating that the defense will play a key role in the Bills upcoming opportunities for "Goat BBQ"

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I hear you.

Id say anything less than a playoff win next year is a failure.... if they don’t win the division but make the playoffs and demonstrate their able to beat any team while winning the first round of the playoffs I wouldn’t consider it a failure.... but they should be super bowl contenders next season. I expect them to be.

the good news is ...the afc is a mess right now. The only team that scares me is the Chiefs with Mahomes. 

Texans will never win anything under O'brien and Lamar is a crapshoot in the playoffs. Big ben might have one last run in him but thats if he stays healthy all season. 

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What if we lose the division and win the Super Bowl?

FAILURE.

But seriously though, winning the division should absolutely be our primary regular season goal.  None of us are spoiled and I certainly won't turn down a wildcard berth, but the division is there for the taking.