Based on teams needs I know Jonathan Taylor is a RB and probably won’t be a Bill

41 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Usage.  The concern is how much life does he have in his legs.  299 carries as a freshman.  Last 2 years over 300 a year.  Thats an insane amount of carries.  First rd you are talking about guaranteed money and total money he is getting.  Taylor is gifted but how long will he play?  4,5 years?  First rders are usually foundational pieces for successful franchises.  Spending a first on a guy you expect to only have for his rookie deal is steep in many peoples minds.  

That's the rub with taking any RB in the first round. They're probably only good value when they're on their rookie deal, but if you only expect to use them on their rookie deal, it probably isn't worth it to begin with.

36 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

That's the rub with taking any RB in the first round. They're probably only good value when they're on their rookie deal, but if you only expect to use them on their rookie deal, it probably isn't worth it to begin with.

I was highly impressed with him in college but to be a long term pro RB you must not take big shots, and I think he does not shy away from contact.

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he is better. 

The big difference that stands out to me about those two is # of carries (I think Jacobs averaged liked 6/game) and offensive scheme. Taylor was the focus of every defense week in and week out. The badgers had a decent TE and couple good WRs but the philosophy was always “stop Taylor, beat Wisconsin”. Some teams couldn’t do it, the good/highly talented defenses could. That is their offensive calling card and they stick to it. Obviously Bama would hit you in a number of ways and Jacobs was just one of them 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

He was one of the worst RBs in the league this year in terms of catching the ball?

I think you need to look at what was tossed at him.  Allen seldom threw to him when he was standing by himself as a checkdown option, waving his arms like a semaphore "Yoo hoo!  Show me some Love man!"   But look at that playoff game toss from Allen on a dead run to a diving Singletary about to be nailed by two Texans.  That was just Sick.  He did drop a couple relatively easy passes he should have caught, analogous to Knox in that regard.

55 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The big difference that stands out to me about those two is # of carries (I think Jacobs averaged liked 6/game) and offensive scheme. Taylor was the focus of every defense week in and week out. The badgers had a decent TE and couple good WRs but the philosophy was always “stop Taylor, beat Wisconsin”. Some teams couldn’t do it, the good/highly talented defenses could. That is their offensive calling card and they stick to it. Obviously Bama would hit you in a number of ways and Jacobs was just one of them 

Yea the lack of actual action made Jacobs a tough evaluation. I had Sanders as my top back last year just ahead of Jacobs but I do think Taylor is better than both.

46 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think you need to look at what was tossed at him.  Allen seldom threw to him when he was standing by himself as a checkdown option, waving his arms like a semaphore "Yoo hoo!  Show me some Love man!"   But look at that playoff game toss from Allen on a dead run to a diving Singletary about to be nailed by two Texans.  That was just Sick.  He did drop a couple relatively easy passes he should have caught, analogous to Knox in that regard.

3rd worst drop % in the league for RBs on the catchable throws. It was a struggle for him. Obviously a steep learning curve there and hope he improves in year 2 because he’s elusive as hell if we can get him the ball in the open field. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

But a 4.39 at 226 holy freaking wow a backfield of him and Motor but I know we need a WR 

I would take him with a early second that we trade for,  Singletary is not big or fast enough to be a feature back and Sean insists on being a running team.  Go all in

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Except he has already dispelled a key part of this theory - his "lack of speed" - that is not a real thing. 

Someone better tell Derrick Henry, Mark Ingram and Melvin Gordon to retire because they had good OL’s in college.

• Haha (+1) 1

Whether we go after him or not, this staff will emphasize the running game over passing. As much as I see the potential in Josh, I just can't imagine "conservative Sean" letting JA cut it loose. And there's no way Devin carries the run attack by himself. 

18 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Except he has already dispelled a key part of this theory - his "lack of speed" - that is not a real thing. 

Where did that even come from? He’s always looked fast and played fast 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

i wouldnt take him in the first round even though thats where he probably will go, but if he is there in the 2nd lets say around pick 42, then i would see if you could move up using the extra 5th rnd or 6thrnd picks we have.

On 2/28/2020 at 10:09 PM, DCOrange said:

I really hope we don't take a RB in the first, but if we did, I would tend to prefer Swift. Taylor does look like a really good runner though.

Get them both and they could do a national anthem duet.

• Haha (+1) 1