Based on teams needs I know Jonathan Taylor is a RB and probably won’t be a Bill

We need guys that can hit a home run with the ball in their hands. He fits the bill (see what I did there)

we can go a lot of different ways in the first 

WR

OL

Rb

Corner

and it not need based which is excellent 

WR is a need but it’s so deep you do t have to get one with that first pick. Which opens up the possibility  of a RB

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

We need guys that can hit a home run with the ball in their hands. He fits the bill (see what I did there)

we can go a lot of different ways in the first 

WR

OL

Rb

Corner

and it not need based which is excellent 

WR is a need but it’s so deep you do t have to get one with that first pick. Which opens up the possibility  of a RB

I certainly do not see RB in the first,  but don’t forget edge. That would not shock me if the value is there. 

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Josh Jacobs went 24. Any similarities?

Yes. I’m not big on RB that high though. Taylor is a really good player but it’s not because of the 40 time. One dimensional though, not to say he can’t catch the ball. Devin never caught the ball at FAU either but the Bills ran some drills with him in his personal workout and voila. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Taylor remains as my RB1 and I’d be thrilled if they took him at 22, but I value running backs more than a lot of people do.

How ridiculous would a duo of Taylor & Singletary be. Lots of choices. We need edge, we need wr and Gore's replacement. Can't get em all @ 22?

I knew about him for months now. He is a Derrick Henry style of RB making his 40 even that more impressive. I wanted him RD2, but now I think he goes RD1. I think Buffalo goes WR RD1. I’d look to Zack Moss in RD3 if we go RB. RD2 will likely be EDGE. The rest of our picks will go towards OL, LB and CB. It will be interesting to see how Beane views Cody Ford, he was playing with a torn rotator cuff which is a debilitating injury for a tackle. Calvin Throckmorton is a guy we can maybe snag in RD4.

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes. I’m not big on RB that high though. Taylor is a really good player but it’s not because of the 40 time. One dimensional though, not to say he can’t catch the ball. Devin never caught the ball at FAU either but the Bills ran some drills with him in his personal workout and voila. 

He was one of the worst RBs in the league this year in terms of catching the ball?

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

He was one of the worst RBs in the league this year in terms of catching the ball?

I was referring to whether a team would draft him without receiving production if they were looking for a RB to utilize in the passing game,  and comparing to what the Bills did with Devin, not projecting his success at that in his rookie year 

Edited by YoloinOhio

11 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I really don't think Buffalo will take a running back in round one, but I think there are a bunch of good running backs that will get drafted in rounds two and three, and the Bills may be a team that gets one.

I don’t think it is the target, all grades equal, but if there is a home run threat at RB and WR/edge are depleted then I could say them doing it.

i think those are 3 needs but easier to catch a dynamic back day 2

You would have to get elite production out of Taylor for his first 3 yeara.  Imo he is a 1 contract back.  The carries he had at Wisconsin will catch up to him.  Now he is a speciel talent but 900 carries in todays day and age is unheard of.  A high pick for assume 4 years is too much imo.  3rd or 4th?  I more inclined to do it.

12 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Taylor remains as my RB1 and I’d be thrilled if they took him at 22, but I value running backs more than a lot of people do.

Yup me too. I don't know why experts are always saying wait until rd 3 or 4 to get value.  Seems to me teams have been getting value lately out of Jacobs, Barkley, Fournette, McCaffrey, Elliot,  Henry (who slipped into Rd #2)  and Gurley.  

Before that, there was no value for awhile and most of the 1st rd RB's flamed out. Taking Trent Richardson at #3 in 2012 cooled the market for 1st Rd RB's for a few years and 2103/14 were just bad years for RB's.  Ingram in 2011 was the only good first round back.  2010 was in the infamous  C.J. Spiller and Ryan Matthews busts.  2009 was worse with Knowshon Moreno, Donald Brown and Beenie Wells. 

I think identifying a home run hitter like Taylor or Swift who can contribute immediately and fit your scheme is not a reach @ 22. In the 2nd I'd even give Dobbs a look.  I think playmakers are our biggest need on O and D (EDGE) but I'm leaning to offense because it needs a lot more improvement and a few true game breakers can do that. 

27 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Yup me too. I don't know why experts are always saying wait until rd 3 or 4 to get value.  Seems to me teams have been getting value lately out of Jacobs, Barkley, Fournette, McCaffrey, Elliot,  Henry (who slipped into Rd #2)  and Gurley.  

Before that, there was no value for awhile and most of the 1st rd RB's flamed out. Taking Trent Richardson at #3 in 2012 cooled the market for 1st Rd RB's for a few years and 2103/14 were just bad years for RB's.  Ingram in 2011 was the only good first round back.  2010 was in the infamous  C.J. Spiller and Ryan Matthews busts.  2009 was worse with Knowshon Moreno, Donald Brown and Beenie Wells. 

I think identifying a home run hitter like Taylor or Swift who can contribute immediately and fit your scheme is not a reach @ 22. In the 2nd I'd even give Dobbs a look.  I think playmakers are our biggest need on O and D (EDGE) but I'm leaning to offense because it needs a lot more improvement and a few true game breakers can do that. 

Usage.  The concern is how much life does he have in his legs.  299 carries as a freshman.  Last 2 years over 300 a year.  Thats an insane amount of carries.  First rd you are talking about guaranteed money and total money he is getting.  Taylor is gifted but how long will he play?  4,5 years?  First rders are usually foundational pieces for successful franchises.  Spending a first on a guy you expect to only have for his rookie deal is steep in many peoples minds.