Bills Bar and Bills Backer Divisions in the UK?

MAJBobby

I know we have UK Bills fans that post in here. I am reviewing a relocation offer to move to the UK with our family to establish our newly formed UK division of our company. 

is there any Bills Bars or a Bills Backer UK?  Also If any advice can offer me but don’t want to discuss in non Bills stuff here please PM me. 

we are excited I am anticipating the offer to be for 5 years initially. 

• Like (+1) 1

Was in New Orleans last year getting all blamed up. Started talking to a cool dude at the bar from London who loved the Bills. Awesome time time talking bills with him. He said he had friends in England who felt the same. Not sure if it was drunk talk, but dude knew what he was talking about. I bet you'll find a place.

8 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I know we have UK Bills fans that post in here. I am reviewing a relocation offer to move to the UK with our family to establish our newly formed UK division of our company. 

is there any Bills Bars or a Bills Backer UK?  Also If any advice can offer me but don’t want to discuss in non Bills stuff here please PM me. 

we are excited I am anticipating the offer to be for 5 years initially. 

No bars as such but the Bills Backers UK group organise meet ups during the year. Especially for play off games.

Buffalo Bills UK on Facebook

@BillsBackersUk - Twitter

The guys also do a regular podcast - Red, White and Buffalo Blues. They get lots of good guests on there. 

Where in the UK will you be based? 

24 minutes ago, BritBill said:

No bars as such but the Bills Backers UK group organise meet ups during the year. Especially for play off games.

Buffalo Bills UK on Facebook

@BillsBackersUk - Twitter

The guys also do a regular podcast - Red, White and Buffalo Blues. They get lots of good guests on there. 

Where in the UK will you be based? 

we are looking at Corporate Property in the Wiltshire Province to establish our new division over there. Just won a pretty big Contract from MOD. 

I am coming over at the end of next month to meet with MOD and start looking at Properties for our Office as well as start looking for Housing and Such. 

family and I are pretty excited 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

we are looking at Corporate Property in the Wiltshire Province to establish our new division over there. Just won a pretty big Contract from MOD. 

I am coming over at the end of next month to meet with MOD and start looking at Properties for our Office as well as start looking for Housing and Such. 

Congrats!! It sounds like a great opportunity for you and your family.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Wiltshire is pretty nice, it is only across the Cotswolds from Cheltenham to where I will make my annual pilgrimage in less than a fortnight. But I doubt there is anywhere around there to watch the Bills games it is a very rural county (and that is what we call them... counties not provinces). An international game pass subscription is my recommendation to you MAJ.

Anything else you need help with in regards to living in the UK (I seem to recall you saying you were stationed here once before but maybe I made that up?) feel free to drop me a PM.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Wiltshire is pretty nice, it is only across the Cotswolds from Cheltenham to where I will make my annual pilgrimage in less than a fortnight. But I doubt there is anywhere around there to watch the Bills games it is a very rural county (and that is what we call them... counties not provinces). An international game pass subscription is my recommendation to you MAJ.

Anything else you need help with in regards to living in the UK (I seem to recall you saying you were stationed here once before but maybe I made that up?) feel free to drop me a PM.

I will be dropping a PM  I have been in U.K. on short trips but this relocation is for at least 5 years. The international game pass, who is that with Sky Sports?  

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

You will almost certainly need Game Pass.

There will be some occasions when you can get to watch games in a pub/sports bar, if it's a 'featured' game.

Last year, including the playoff game, I think there were 4 games shown.

Game pass won't let you watch those live as they are shown by a satellite provider with exclusive rights to show in the UK.

Part of the problem you might have, is that the Bills games being generally 'early' (6 pm over here), is that they might clash with a soccer game, that will be given precedence. (by the pub/bar).

You may, however, find that you end up paying for those sports channels, through a TV provider, in which case you can watch those games at home.

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I will be dropping a PM  I have been in U.K. on short trips but this relocation is for at least 5 years. The international game pass, who is that with Sky Sports?  

Nah direct with the NFL - I think I subscribe through the Apple Store - you download the International Game Pass app and then follow the sign up instructions. My guess is you won't be able to download that app while in the US though. It's about £150 per year from memory and you can watch any game other than those that are live on Sky at 1pm and 4.25pm on Sunday which are blacked out. Prime time games - TNF, SNF, MNF and the Saturday games late in the season are also live on SKY but not blacked out.

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

No, it's actually from the NFL. Works pretty good, and while not particularly cheap, if you get the whole package, you get all games,from all teams, and the all 22 etc.

There is an option just to have Bills games, but tbh, especially for yourself (reading between the lines), the cost differential is relatively small to get the whole shooting match.

You obviously need a decent net connection as well, but it doesn't have to be excessive.

Sky Sports are the provider for the majority of NFL games shown in the UK, and are a satellite based service. You can get their stuff through cable TV suppliers though, obviously at an additional cost.

17 minutes ago, Buddo said:

No, it's actually from the NFL. Works pretty good, and while not particularly cheap, if you get the whole package, you get all games,from all teams, and the all 22 etc.

There is an option just to have Bills games, but tbh, especially for yourself (reading between the lines), the cost differential is relatively small to get the whole shooting match.

You obviously need a decent net connection as well, but it doesn't have to be excessive.

Sky Sports are the provider for the majority of NFL games shown in the UK, and are a satellite based service. You can get their stuff through cable TV suppliers though, obviously at an additional cost.

I think it is a bargain. It is the best £150 I spend all year.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Buddo said:

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah direct with the NFL - I think I subscribe through the Apple Store - you download the International Game Pass app and then follow the sign up instructions. My guess is you won't be able to download that app while in the US though. It's about £150 per year from memory and you can watch any game other than those that are live on Sky at 1pm and 4.25pm on Sunday which are blacked out. Prime time games - TNF, SNF, MNF and the Saturday games late in the season are also live on SKY but not blacked out.

thanks guys. Yeah my relocation package is looking pretty lucrative so I don’t think will have an issue with the 150. 

Wishing you all the best for your visit and hopeful relocation to the UK.

I'm a Bill diehard for the last 30+ years based just outside London (in Essex).

Plenty of NFL coverage accessible on TV, but alas no dedicated Backers Bars even in London.  

The Bills must be due another London visit within the next few years (on basis we now have 4 regular season games each year).

The Dolphins have a London home game in 2020 with no opponents announced yet (could be the Bills).

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

As has been said, its about 150 quid, and whilst it does have a few service issues it's pretty good. 

They blackout the 6pm and 9pm games that Sky show. But it's available on catch up. 

If you want college football you can get ESPN player subscriptions so can get a good amount of games online. 

Its worth saying NFLUK's and Sky Sports NFL reputation in the UK is horrendous. NFLUK is widely mocked as they just bang on about the Jaguars and London's Jay Ajayi every 30 seconds.

The podcast scene is big in the UK because it allows people to work around time zone issues

In terms of support, the Bills are in the middle third of teams. There is a legacy from the 1990s and the visit a few years ago gained a decent number

Edited by Mountain Man
  • Like (+1) 1