AC/DC Petition to play Superbowl halftime.

ALLEN1QB

Best Ever:  Prince (2007)

Last Great One:  Tom Petty (2008)

I thought Lady Gaga (2017) and Justin Timberlake (2018) were very good.

If the pattern stays, the next decent one will be in 2027.

44 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I think Green Day would put on a good show

I don't think that would happen.  Too much of a risk for the NFL.  And I don't think it's because of their politics in and of themselves.  The NFL clearly will allow the halftime performers to make political statements but Green Day is FAR more likely than J-Lo to go waayyyyy off script considering their history and (fake) anti-establishment views.

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That halftime show was really bad. The point remains though that the NFL is going to continue to put out artists that they think will appeal to those least likely to watch the Super Bowl. You’re probably looking at like Ed Sheeran or Halsey next year. 

Post Malone perhaps.  Had a good New Years show.  But I totally agree with the bolded part of your statement--at it serves no one.  I don't think those people will suddenly become NFL regulars because of a good halftime show in the SB.  

38 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Post Malone perhaps.  Had a good New Years show.  But I totally agree with the bolded part of your statement--at it serves no one.  I don't think those people will suddenly become NFL regulars because of a good halftime show in the SB.  

Actually, Post Malone may be the “betting favorite” if there were such a thing at this point. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Since politics are at the forefront of everything and Kaepernick is still protesting

Why not Rage against the machine ? they are touring again

Im so stoked to see them at Coachella this year!  Can’t wait will be there weekend two with all access and VIP passes from my friends who own it.  AC/DC did headline there too a few years back and they were actually awesome.  But I think there is no way they will headline Super Bowl because they just aren’t as far reaching of an older band like that. 

But Rage would be quite the show...although they also aren’t going to have a shot because I think their music is going to be seen as too aggressive I would imagine for that type of platform.

Personally, I think Eminem is a strong candidate for next years Super Bowl.  

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, ToBillsFan said:

If you rather see some old men way past their prime attempt to sing on stage as opposed to Shakira and Jennifer Lopez lighting up your eyes than you probably should tune out at half time

I usually tune out at halftime but when I heard shakira was performing I decided to just mute it instead.

The music is hot garbage but shakira's moves are :w00t:

The NFL got something right with this year's show:  No matter what, "Dat Ass" will get viewers.  It doesn't matter if the ass is from Mexico, the North Pole, China, Mars.  

People complain about J-Lo and Shakira but believe me, they were watching, and that's the only thing the NFL cares about.  They don't care if you hated it, or you called the FCC.  

So if the NFL thinks that running out a bunch of Asian K-Pop schoolgirls is going to get the job done, that's what we're all going to get.  If Lizzo is what's appealing to the focus groups, we're going to get Lizzo in her outfits.  Maybe we'll get Asian schoolgirls and Lizzo.  ?

On 2/28/2020 at 12:18 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Im so stoked to see them at Coachella this year!  Can’t wait will be there weekend two with all access and VIP passes from my friends who own it.  AC/DC did headline there too a few years back and they were actually awesome.  But I think there is no way they will headline Super Bowl because they just aren’t as far reaching of an older band like that. 

But Rage would be quite the show...although they also aren’t going to have a shot because I think their music is going to be seen as too aggressive I would imagine for that type of platform.

Personally, I think Eminem is a strong candidate for next years Super Bowl.  

Rage at Coachella ??? you can't make this ***** up

I liked the breasts and ass show of this years Super Bowl. What I disliked is the music. So give me a AC DC, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, etc.. show with a bunch of pole dancers and breasts and ass play then I will enjoy it . So we had a show based on South Fl. OK great, a market that doesnt even support the team. South Fl is not an NFL market, most of the Dolphins fans are based on the West Coast or north of Miami . Not Miami itself. Why? Because non english speaking residents dont care about the NFL. Call this racist all you want, but it is facts...

• Haha (+1) 1