AC/DC Petition to play Superbowl halftime.

ALLEN1QB

2 hours ago, Heitz said:

How about Dead & Co (with Mayer for mass appeal) playing classics, then we'll throw in, like, De La Soul and Zach De La Rocha over Space Drums to drop a few verses and keep it relevant?  I mean, I'd find it interesting... ? :beer:

They could bring back Jerry as a hologram!!!

• Like (+1) 1

The Chili Peppers have never played SB

Santana also comes to mind.

2 hours ago, Bad Things said:

They could bring back Jerry as a hologram!!!

Jerry said no to that in his will.?

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Augie said:

I really have no idea how to answer this. I’m not into the halftime show, but the closest I’ve been recently was Springsteen. I think Michael Jackson did the game we attended in Minneapolis, and the wife enjoyed that. 

They are not worried about ME, because I’m there for the football. It’s those who warm up on the commercials they look to appeal to. Chances are I won’t know a single song from next year’s show, and I won’t care for a second. Just give me a great second half! 

I don't think he's up for it again.  Also, he did the Superbowl halftime show in Pasadena.

The only two really memorable halftime shows besides that one was U2 after 9/11 and Prince in the rain.

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That halftime show was really bad. The point remains though that the NFL is going to continue to put out artists that they think will appeal to those least likely to watch the Super Bowl. You’re probably looking at like Ed Sheeran or Halsey next year. 

When my daughter was younger, she would say “let me know when it’s the halftime show.”  She’d be watching the Puppy Bowl.

I wonder if they’d ever get crazy and switch it up? Why not try something like Criss Angel or David Copperfield? What about Nik Wallenda? Have them do something absolutely absurd and promote it leading up to the game. I’m not sure that they will draw the viewers before but have potential to be talked about for weeks after. 

For the 50th Super Bowl, they should’ve brought back ‘Up with People’.

• Haha (+1) 1

That halftime show was really bad. The point remains though that the NFL is going to continue to put out artists that they think will appeal to those least likely to watch the Super Bowl. You’re probably looking at like Ed Sheeran or Halsey next year. 

Shakira's awful lip synching was a little embarrassing for all concerned. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I can attest that very few people genuinely cared about the J Lo Shakira Halftime show 

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That halftime show was really bad.

Agreed, nobody really cared about the halftime show music.  Unless you muted the awful music and just enjoyed the visuals :devil:

If the NFL really wants to appeal for the non-English international audience, i suggest a halftime show featuring Rammstein

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

• Like (+1) 1

How about we petition the NFL to make a rule that the halftime break for ALL games be a standard length and ditch the concert extravaganza entirely? Because it would be nice to have the freaking championship game ( and Thanksgiving etc.) be played under the exact same logistical conditions that all the others are played under.

• Like (+1) 2

Sorry, but they're too dang old. This would have been great 20-30 years ago, even better during the Bon Scott era, but these guys are ancient. Malcom Young died from dementia, and Phill Rudd is totally washed up after a meth-addled murder-for-hire incident. The last time I saw them perform, it was with an obese Axl Rose singing, seated on a throne with a broken leg. 

3 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

How about we petition the NFL to make a rule that the halftime break for ALL games be a standard length and ditch the concert extravaganza entirely? Because it would be nice to have the freaking championship game ( and Thanksgiving etc.) be played under the exact same logistical conditions that all the others are played under.

It’s usually the worst NFL game day for me, most SBs have been slaughters and all the people faking interest is off putting

i prefer 16 games in a weekend for the.... various means of enjoyment without fake fans 

Edited by row_33