AC/DC Petition to play Superbowl halftime.

ALLEN1QB

Just now, Gugny said:

Forgot it was even on.  Jeopardy, baby.

I've always wanted to be on jeopardy!!

Probably should be on are you smarter than a 5th grader!

1 minute ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I’m going to see them in July! 

Damnnnn! Sold out quick in Buffalo!

I got stones tickets

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I really don’t understand the Halftime show at this point. The NFL wants to bring in a younger demographic, but younger generations don’t connect with music the same way as previous ones. I don’t think many younger artists are going to create a huge buzz amongst younger folks. I can attest that very few people genuinely cared about the J Lo Shakira Halftime show 

That halftime show was really bad. The point remains though that the NFL is going to continue to put out artists that they think will appeal to those least likely to watch the Super Bowl. You’re probably looking at like Ed Sheeran or Halsey next year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That halftime show was really bad. The point remains though that the NFL is going to continue to put out artists that they think will appeal to those least likely to watch the Super Bowl. You’re probably looking at like Ed Sheeran or Halsey next year. 

Yep, we went to a buddies and the wives were all over the commercials and the halftime show. At least I got her to leave the house on SB Sunday, so I won’t complain. We had OUR fun. The future DIL is into the game, so we are blessed! Well done, son! 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree, I’m just thinking there will never be another  Michael Jackson type moment. Music doesn’t hold that place in the lives of the younger generation. The world isn’t go to stop to watch any artist today. I’m not convinced it will forever be worth the hassle for the NFL to keep it up. However, I get your point, I just think it’s possible the ratings spike might not be enough in the future to justify the show. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I agree, I’m just thinking there will never be another  Michael Jackson type moment. Music doesn’t hold that place in the lives of the younger generation. The world isn’t go to stop to watch any artist today. I’m not convinced it will forever be worth the hassle for the NFL to keep it up. However, I get your point, I just think it’s possible the ratings spike might not be enough in the future to justify the show. 

I wonder if they’d ever get crazy and switch it up? Why not try something like Criss Angel or David Copperfield? What about Nik Wallenda? Have them do something absolutely absurd and promote it leading up to the game. I’m not sure that they will draw the viewers before but have potential to be talked about for weeks after. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I wonder if they’d ever get crazy and switch it up? Why not try something like Criss Angel or David Copperfield? What about Nik Wallenda? Have them do something absolutely absurd and promote it leading up to the game. I’m not sure that they will draw the viewers before but have potential to be talked about for weeks after. 

In the age of social media and viral videos, I think something along those lines would be a great idea. Everything today is about drawing instant attention to all that is different and absurd. Just a one year trial of something other than music would be worth the risk imo.

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Having David Copperfield (or another illusionist) doing half time show where entire stadium can see trick as well as stadium cameras.  I saw John Hirokawa at Magic of Polynesia show a few times and if he could do his trick where the entire crew disappears in front of stadium it would freak everyone out.  He could even have crew wearing gear from NFL teams to make the entire show fit in it.

The challenge these days is that there's not really one big awesome act the everyone loves.  Is there?  We need "Yesterday" to happen IRL so we have something in music to believe in again...

To make halftime awesome you need mass appeal, but edge, recognizable, but fresh, and something entertaining to an audience that is now a bunch of fragmented tastes and genres. Not sure what the solution is.  Guessing not everyone would love Built to Spill and Griselda is probably TOO much for the Super Bowl.  How about Dead & Co (with Mayer for mass appeal) playing classics, then we'll throw in, like, De La Soul and Zach De La Rocha over Space Drums to drop a few verses and keep it relevant?  I mean, I'd find it interesting... ? :beer:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Heitz said:

The challenge these days is that there's not really one big awesome act the everyone loves.  Is there?  We need "Yesterday" to happen IRL so we have something in music to believe in again...

To make halftime awesome you need mass appeal, but edge, recognizable, but fresh, and something entertaining to an audience that is now a bunch of fragmented tastes and genres. Not sure what the solution is.  Guessing not everyone would love Built to Spill and Griselda is probably TOO much for the Super Bowl.  How about Dead & Co (with Mayer for mass appeal) playing classics, then we'll throw in, like, De La Soul and Zach De La Rocha over Space Drums to drop a few verses and keep it relevant?  I mean, I'd find it interesting... ? :beer:

I really have no idea how to answer this. I’m not into the halftime show, but the closest I’ve been recently was Springsteen. I think Michael Jackson did the game we attended in Minneapolis, and the wife enjoyed that. 

They are not worried about ME, because I’m there for the football. It’s those who warm up on the commercials they look to appeal to. Chances are I won’t know a single song from next year’s show, and I won’t care for a second. Just give me a great second half! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I really have no idea how to answer this. I’m not into the halftime show, but the closest I’ve been recently was Springsteen. I think Michael Jackson did the game we attended in Minneapolis, and the wife enjoyed that. 

They are not worried about ME, because I’m there for the football. It’s those who warm up on the commercials they look to appeal to. Chances are I won’t know a single song from next year’s show, and I won’t care for a second. Just give me a great second half! 

Oh, regardless of what the show is I'm cooking / eating / drinking at halftime (unless I'm *at* some future Bills SB, then will be mostly just drinking, I'm guessing)!  :beer:

• Like (+1) 1