Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

6 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

AJ Green baby

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

it's unrealistic to expect to fill all those positions in free agency. some, but not al

I don’t think that’s true. WR1 will be the hardest, but there’s plenty of volume at the other spots. I mean, there are 13 starting OTs slated to hit the market.

EDGE defenders are in abundance. Off the top of my head there’s Clowney, Ngakoue, Addison, Fowler, Quinn, Armstead, Judon, Dupree, Vernon, Mercilus, Griffen, Beasley, Barrett, and JPP.

LB us relatively easy to fill.

So yeah, if they can manage to get AJ or swing a trade for someone else, then they can absolutely fill all of them in FA.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

He did play 17 out of 17 games this year and only missed 2 the year before I believe. I have read two different articles saying he had one of the best seasons of his career. I think he would be a great addition for a couple years while they groom a draft pick to replace him. Especially if Conklin is not an option.

Interesting I thought he had missed more. I know in the past he missed lots of time

He graded out well at pff. 78 overall

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I don’t think that’s true. WR1 will be the hardest, but there’s plenty of volume at the other spots. I mean, there are 13 starting OTs slated to hit the market.

EDGE defenders are in abundance. Off the top of my head there’s Clowney, Ngakoue, Addison, Fowler, Quinn, Armstead, Judon, Dupree, Vernon, Mercilus, Griffen, Beasley, Barrett, and JPP.

LB us relatively easy to fill.

So yeah, if they can manage to get AJ or swing a trade for someone else, then they can absolutely fill all of them in FA.

Yup. They'll probably do something at corner too.

Just now, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Yup. They'll probably do something at corner too.

I think so as well. For me the big questions are: how do they get their WR1, and what do they choose to do at LG?

Getting Spain back at $5M or less would be a win IMO, but I really have my doubts about Ford at RT. Glad to have Nsekhe, but he’s going to be 35 and had a bad injury for a big dude.

I would really like to put Cody at LG and sign a young veteran with big-time upside like Fant to be the swing OT. Bring back Waddle and you’re all set IMO. Long is a capable IOL backup, and if Bates is your #9 OLman that’s not exactly a tragedy.

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

As for WR, I think there will be some vets available via trade that aren’t talked about right now. I have my eye on Marvin Jones and Allen Robinson. GMs with their butts on the line do odd things.

Any thoughts that maybe the Rams will deal one of their guys? 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

yeah, I’d disagree.   Seattle is better than Green Bay, last year playoff notwithstanding.   Rodgers also did nothing with J. Cook.  Knox had a comparable rookie year to many TE 1’s.  Hooper and Knox would be great together.   Hooper should come here

Yup. Bad year for Cook. He missed all the offseason workouts, OTAs, etc due to foot surgery, and then missed 6 games with a high ankle sprain. Although, come playoff time when Cook was healthy again he and Rodgers hooked up for 18 receptions, 228 yards, and 2 TDs.

Wilson is certainly better than Rodgers at this point, and the hawks have more playmakers on offense. GB has a better Oline. GB has serious issues stopping the run though. Whether the Seahawks are better as a point of fact is debatable since GB has won four of their last five head to head. I’d say it’s a wash though since the home team has won that contest for the past decade: every game since 08’! We will see what happens the next time they play. It’s usually fun to watch. 

17 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

He did play 17 out of 17 games this year and only missed 2 the year before I believe. I have read two different articles saying he had one of the best seasons of his career. I think he would be a great addition for a couple years while they groom a draft pick to replace him. Especially if Conklin is not an option.

I could live with it. Problem is that he plays dinged up all the time and it affects his performances, especially against speed rushers. 

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The only guy that makes sense for them to move cap-wise is Woods. I mean, I suppose it’s possible that they’d move him, but I doubt it.

That would be crazy. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The only guy that makes sense for them to move cap-wise is Woods. I mean, I suppose it’s possible that they’d move him, but I doubt it.

Just thinking that they kind of pushed their chips in last year and failed. It looks like the 49ers are going to be around. Just thinking that maybe they’d try to do something to look a little different next year. 

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

that line is terrible even with him. i wouldnt touch bulaga with gugnys genitalia

whats our biggest need?

How does gugny feel about this, asking for a friend ?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Really?

By far WR1. Hope that Minnesota—who’s after a SB championship—trades a guy that they have repeatedly said they have no desire to trade isn’t a plan IMO.

Huge fan of Diggs coming to Buffalo
and while we are doing majic tricks (BeaneMeister ) Get Us Judon too.
 Is there a WR that even upgrades our middle of the pack in FA? For middle of the pack cash ?

I am looking to the Draft to upgrade that group. get two after the 1st. But real ones. One who can start is especially important.

How do you know when you have your # 1 WR on McDermotts Team ?
He doesn't play ST.  haha

19 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

How does gugny feel about this, asking for a friend ?

I never suspected someone likable as yourself, would detour into the foul , dank , darkest darknesses.

#concerned

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Huge fan of Diggs coming to Buffalo
and while we are doing majic tricks (BeaneMeister ) Get Us Judon too.
 Is there a WR that even upgrades our middle of the pack in FA? For middle of the pack cash ?

I am looking to the Draft to upgrade that group. get two after the 1st. But real ones. One who can start is especially important.

How do you know when you have your # 1 WR on McDermotts Team ?
He doesn't play ST.  haha

I never suspected someone likable as yourself, would detour into the foul , dank , darkest darknesses.

#concerned

That was awesome ? ?? ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

They can sign at least 2 elite FAs—I’m talking $15M/year, plus another $10M/year player, and still have $50M left to sign draft picks, sign Tre White to a record-breaking deal, and pay Dion Dawkins and Matt Milano without cutting anyone.

I hope you’re right.

7 hours ago, CSBill said:

He also goes by “Mr” ?

Clever. My father’s family is from Palermo and the surname is uncommon so that led to the weirdness when I made the reservation & stated my name when I arrived.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mr Info said:

Clever. My father’s family is from Palermo and the surname is uncommon so that led to the weirdness when I made the reservation & stated my name when I arrived.

Hopefully you got something free out of it before they realized 

Yesterday on the combine coverage on NFL network they said the Jets will have to be active in FA and stockpile in the draft because they are in “Noah’s Ark mode”....they need 2 of everything.  ? 

• Haha (+1) 4

16 hours ago, DJB said:

Interesting I thought he had missed more. I know in the past he missed lots of time

He graded out well at pff. 78 overall

I would rather we spend big on either OL or DL because we know we can always take our shot at a WR1 in the loaded draft. Anyone saying we can get Diggs or Cooper are kidding themselves. I think Conklin makes sense because OL tends to play into their mid 30s so the investment is longer term and he is proven. DE tends to be a shorter window of production for a big price tag. 

Edited by Locomark