Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

On 2/28/2020 at 7:37 AM, Mr Info said:

Il Punto on 9th Ave in Hell’s Kitchen area. Good food & service. The owner & I have the same name so it was interesting when we went there after I had reserved online with my name.

He also goes by “Mr” ?

4 hours ago, BeastMode54 said:

I'd like to kick Ford inside to Guard, move Feliciano over to LG, and sign Bulaga. Anyone agree on this?

Trouble with Bulaga is he cant stay healthy.

Maybe our world class facilty would help mitigate that but he comes with risk

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

sign drake or j howard, a hooper, a lb.  slide ford to lg,  at this point right tackle becomes number 1 issue in draft so thats our first round pick.  i'd then see about getting the vikes to trading diggs for a second next year

So you have a plan for everything except the team’s biggest need?

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills offered Bulaga a deal in FA a few years ago. I think it was previous regime though. If I recall correctly he took less to stay with the packers, at that time 

I've never been a fan of Bulaga, particularly at a UFA price tag.   Rogers makes his line look better than they are, IMO...

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I've never been a fan of Bulaga, particularly at a UFA price tag.   Rogers makes his line look better than they are, IMO...

that line is terrible even with him. i wouldnt touch bulaga with gugnys genitalia

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

So you have a plan for everything except the team’s biggest need?

whats our biggest need?

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

not in a spot to take a qb

Really?

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

that line is terrible even with him. i wouldnt touch bulaga with gugnys genitalia

whats our biggest need?

By far WR1. Hope that Minnesota—who’s after a SB championship—trades a guy that they have repeatedly said they have no desire to trade isn’t a plan IMO.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Really?

By far WR1. Hope that Minnesota—who’s after a SB championship—trades a guy that they have repeatedly said they have no desire to trade isn’t a plan IMO.

kidding on qb. if minny doesnt trade diggs(they could as plenty of cheaper wrs in this draft), we move up into first and grab a guy. or take wr at 22 and move back up high to get tackle

12 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

kidding on qb. if minny doesnt trade diggs(they could as plenty of cheaper wrs in this draft), we move up into first and grab a guy. or take wr at 22 and move back up high to get tackle

I just can’t consider draft picks as filling a need. You can’t count on them to contribute.

19 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t GB beat the Seahawks in the playoffs this year? We can call Rodgers vs Wilson a wash, but I think most will acknowledge that Wilson has surpassed Rodgers at this point of their careers. 

As for signing Hooper, Rodgers has force fed top TE talent when he has one, and will be a first ballot HOFer. Lambeau may be a winter wasteland, but with Rodgers and their last three decades of playoff history it probably looks like a winter wonderland to pass catching FAs. What JA and Daboll do with a top TE is an unknown to these guys, so it’s about money. If it’s just about maximizing cash to Hooper there is probably a better option available for the Bills. Get guys who want to join “the family” and let other teams sign the guys who are about cash, partying, etc. JMO

yeah, I’d disagree.   Seattle is better than Green Bay, last year playoff notwithstanding.   Rodgers also did nothing with J. Cook.  Knox had a comparable rookie year to many TE 1’s.  Hooper and Knox would be great together.   Hooper should come here

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Exactly. So make sure you get a WR1, EDGE, LB, and whatever OL spot Ford doesn’t play in FA/trade so that you aren’t trying to fill needs.

it's unrealistic to expect to fill all those positions in free agency. some, but not al

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Trouble with Bulaga is he cant stay healthy.

Maybe our world class facilty would help mitigate that but he comes with risk

He did play 17 out of 17 games this year and only missed 2 the year before I believe. I have read two different articles saying he had one of the best seasons of his career. I think he would be a great addition for a couple years while they groom a draft pick to replace him. Especially if Conklin is not an option.