Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

22 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Probably see a bunch of releases like this over the next few days, soI think we still look to free agency for depth in the secondary and Tedric Thompson and Daryl Worley are two guys that make a lot of sense to me. But I am interested to see who else gets released. 

Beane mentioned in his post draft zoom he was leaving a couple roster spots open for free agents with the post draft wave of cuts

• Like (+1) 1

Taco makes some sense as a cheap add if he clears waivers. Didn’t quite develop in Dallas but did get to 5 sacks with the Dolphins last year. We liked him pre draft in 2017 (Whaley/McDermott) but he was also heavily scouted by the Panthers that year. Big, long, and athletic but has bot put it together yet. I think he’d flourish in our system. I know we have lots of depth there, but there is an upside and some pedigree with who is only 25 years old. 

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Taco makes some sense as a cheap add if he clears waivers. Didn’t quite develop in Dallas but did get to 5 sacks with the Dolphins last year. We liked him pre draft in 2017 (Whaley/McDermott) but he was also heavily scouted by the Panthers that year. Big, long, and athletic but has bot put it together yet. I think he’d flourish in our system. I know we have lots of depth there, but there is an upside and some pedigree with who is only 25 years old. 

You’re not wrong, but whose spot do you give up and replace with Taco? Murphy would be the most possible candidate, but he is a veteran with experience in this system in an off-season where that is a hot commodity.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

7 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

You’re not wrong, but whose spot do you give up and replace with Taco? Murphy would be the most possible candidate, but he is a veteran with experience in this system in an off-season where that is a hot commodity.

I think they should trade Murphy, but I would drop bottom of the roster guys like Love. I think Taco could beat out a guy like Murphy, but as you said with the crazy offseason it might be better to keep him. I would try to trade him, maybe to a team like the Seahawks, Vikings or maybe the Colts. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think they should trade Murphy, but I would drop bottom of the roster guys like Love. I think Taco could beat out a guy like Murphy, but as you said with the crazy offseason it might be better to keep him. I would try to trade him, maybe to a team like the Seahawks, Vikings or maybe the Colts. 

Love is not making this roster regardless. I don’t see any chance that he shows up and beats out the incumbent starters or the new guys. Addison, Epenesa, Hughes, Murphy and hybrid DE/DT Jefferson are the DE’s That will be there on opening day. Murphy could go, but I think he bought himself at least a training camp out of his performance over the final four games of last season.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...