Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He had 5100 yards and 34 TD's in 2018. Wait and see what happens after the injury to make those assumptions.

He may be done, hopefully. But there's no way Josh Allen is a better QB until then.

I am gonna stick with the W-L record. Jameis threw for 5100 and 33 TDs last year and is a low level QB. If he comes back from injury and is great at his age he will be the exception not the rule.

35 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He had 5100 yards and 34 TD's in 2018. Wait and see what happens after the injury to make those assumptions.

He may be done, hopefully. But there's no way Josh Allen is a better QB until then.

He'll have his opportunity to prove otherwise. I'll gladly take our guy now and moving forward.

11 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

He'll have his opportunity to prove otherwise. I'll gladly take our guy now and moving forward.

This was a year I was kind of wishing we weren't stuck with a work in progress young QB. The team around Josh Allen is Super Bowl quality. I don't think he's up to it, but we'll find out.

I feel we'll be looking on at the end of 2020 similarly as the Bears fans are at 2019. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This was a year I was kind of wishing we weren't stuck with a work in progress young QB. The team around Josh Allen is Super Bowl quality. I don't think he's up to it, but we'll find out.

I feel we'll be looking on at the end of 2020 similarly as the Bears fans are at 2019. 

Shame you feel this way. You're missing the JA train because you stayed on the BR too long.

We shall see. 

57 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ah so now its coming out

Its not so much for your love for broken down Big Ben....it is your unfounded dislike for Josh Allen

Josh Allen who improved from year one to year two

Josh Allen that qb'd the team to 10-6 which limited offensive weapons....and a new offensive line

Gotcha

• Like (+1) 2

Gordon, a two-time Pro Bowl selection who has 36 rushing touchdowns and 47 touchdowns overall over the past four seasons, has agreed to a two-year, $16 million deal that includes $13.5 in guarantees, a source confirmed to ESPN on Friday. The news was first reported by CBS Sports.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28931790/source-ex-chargers-rb-melvin-gordon-agrees-broncos

He turned down $10M a year with Chargers ,  new stadium , nice weather 

38 minutes ago, ALF said:

Gordon, a two-time Pro Bowl selection who has 36 rushing touchdowns and 47 touchdowns overall over the past four seasons, has agreed to a two-year, $16 million deal that includes $13.5 in guarantees, a source confirmed to ESPN on Friday. The news was first reported by CBS Sports.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28931790/source-ex-chargers-rb-melvin-gordon-agrees-broncos

He turned down $10M a year with Chargers ,  new stadium , nice weather 

Chargers called his bluff and didn’t give in and it cost him big time. 

Reading about all the FA deals across the league, this has to be the weirdest FA offseason yet. The values of many of the deals and the trades seem strangely out of whack with what most people expected. 

I don’t know if this is due to the cap going up soon, or the coronavirus, or what. But this has been a bonkers offseason. 

for example, I think a lot of folks thought the Quinn deal was way too high and Clowney would be snatched up fast. Some thought the Jimmy Graham deal was way too high compared to what the Steelers got Ebron for. You have DeAndre Hopkins going for nothing, and some people claiming the Bills gave up too much for Diggs. 

Gurley signs for nothing in Atlanta, but Gordon got more guaranteed money from the Broncos than most expected. 

I think the list goes on and on. But this struck me as a surprising offseason. 

• Like (+1) 4