Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not really. I guess it depends on how you view Roethlisberger. 

Ben, to me, looks like he’s at the end. He’s no better than a middle of the road QB that could fall off a cliff at this point. They may have a window for a year or 2 because of that defense but the offensive skill players aren’t good. They look like a 9-7ish team 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Step back how? 

That's ludicrous. Josh Allen is not a better QB than Ben Roethlisberger as of yet.

You dont predict future success of a QB on past success at that age.....on pure availability alone Josh is the better QB now.

He is old......he is taking on injuries.....the steelers just made a mistake.

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

“30 for 30” voice...

Ben can’t move anymore and is most definitely not on the TB12 diet regimen. He’s “coming back” but he will be hurt again like he always is. Retirement is calling him. 

Ben is on the beer, cheese, and ribs regiment . I am also on that diet regiment.

Edited by MrEpsYtown

2 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

It's not what you've done, it's the future dude. I hope you don't expect Ben to continue to perform as he has in the distant past.

Well it's just like with Josh, until proven otherwise.

26 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You dont predict future success of a QB on past success at that age.....on pure availability alone Josh is the better QB now.

That's just insane.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Well it's just like with Josh, until proven otherwise.

That's just insane.

What is insane is your not providing anything to the discussion other then you like the guy

We are listening

1 hour ago, john wawrow said:

well, duh.

jw

Dat John Wawrow....you would think he is in the know or something...:)

John.....what you hearing....are we looking at a veteran back?  Any other free agents like a edge possibly?

• Like (+1) 1

Step back how? 

That's ludicrous. Josh Allen is not a better QB than Ben Roethlisberger as of yet.

The team has lost 6 of his last 8 starts and his team has a very good D. I also fully expect JA will be better than BR this year based most on Ben being worse than JA major improvement. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I think Big Ben has taken a step back and I think the rest of the offense is average otherwise- the Defense is obviously impressive but I think we have a better roster then them.

At this point, kinda hard for me to envision BR being this upper echelon QB. Age, away from the fray, maybe hunger as potential reasons why.

Or - I'm completely off my rocker and he kills it.....guess we'll see.

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I think Ben has taken a few steps forward...towards the beer fridge. The guy looked like your average 50 year old Steelers fan on the sidelines last year. 

The camera added 35 lbs as well.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Explain what Ben did better in his limited play in 2019

Not really. I guess it depends on how you view Roethlisberger. 

Well - I have to view him through a wide lens. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

More like he added about 50lbs on his own. He looked like an offensive lineman by year's end. 

My bad. That beard must've hid those 15 lbs.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Eli, TB12, Rivers....all moved on. Ben's injury and ridiculous contract is all that's keeping him on that roster.

12 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Well - I have to view him through a wide lens. 

My bad. That beard must've hid those 15 lbs.

Eli, TB12, Rivers....all moved on. Ben's injury and ridiculous contract is all that's keeping him on that roster.

He had 5100 yards and 34 TD's in 2018. Wait and see what happens after the injury to make those assumptions.

He may be done, hopefully. But there's no way Josh Allen is a better QB until then.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He had 5100 yards and 34 TD's in 2018. Wait and see what happens after the injury to make those assumptions.

He may be done, hopefully. But there's no way Josh Allen is a better QB until then.

So, for a 3rd time now: who was the better QB in 2019?

• Thank you (+1) 1