Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I think Big Ben has taken a step back and I think the rest of the offense is average otherwise- the Defense is obviously impressive but I think we have a better roster then them.

I think Ben has taken a few steps forward...towards the beer fridge. The guy looked like your average 50 year old Steelers fan on the sidelines last year. 

6 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

No, thanks. Phillip Lindsay is the better back anyway.

They are not giving up Lindsay. Freeman was a 2nd rounder who has shown really well when given his opportunity. I’d happily see him in the Bills backfield.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

They are not giving up Lindsay. Freeman was a 2nd rounder who has shown really well when given his opportunity. I’d happily see him in the Bills backfield.

Who said they are giving up either? I merely mentioned that Lindsay is the better back because he is.

Edited by ExWNYer

19 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Matt Patricia, another turd grown from the Tree of Belichick who thinks he can coach like him without earning the respect he has. I think he'll end up in the dumpster marked "Failed Belichick Disciples" along with Mangini, McDaniels, Crennel, and Saban. Hopefully Mike "The Moustache" Vrabel (or if you prefer the alternative, Mike "I'll Chop My Own ***** Off to Win a Super Bowl" Vrabel) and Billy Buttchin O'Brien will also end up in there. I know he's in Miami but I kinda like Brian Flores, just prefer him not to succeed against the Bills or...at all, because ta hell with the Fish. 

Detroit should seriously think about taking Tua at #3 pick.  I know they have Stafford, but he's been there about 100 years and it's time to turn the page for the franchise.

Tua, IMO, is going to be a really good QB.  Tua is a franchise changer IMO.

13 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Who said they are giving up either? I merely mentioned that Lindsay is the better back because he is.

Reread your statement. By saying anyways, it insinuates that you’d rather have Lindsay. That is a quite obvious statement, but Gordon makes Freeman redundant in the backfield and he is a back who would be worth giving up a fifth rounder for.

31 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I think Big Ben has taken a step back and I think the rest of the offense is average otherwise- the Defense is obviously impressive but I think we have a better roster then them.

Ben had the look of someone who should retire last year....they drafted his replacement who is not very good.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Reread your statement. By saying anyways, it insinuates that you’d rather have Lindsay. That is a quite obvious statement, but Gordon makes Freeman redundant in the backfield and he is a back who would be worth giving up a fifth rounder for.

No, I know what I said and what I meant. I did not advocate trading for either but pointed out to the poster who did that, if you were hoping for one of them to be traded, Lindsay was the better back, regardless of whether you personally believe they would "never trade him". I don't think the Bills will entertain trading for Freeman anyway. I'd prefer they take a back later in the draft like A.J. Dillon rather than spend a 5th on Freeman who is JAG.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Step back how? 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

No....he isnt...there I said it

That's ludicrous. Josh Allen is not a better QB than Ben Roethlisberger as of yet.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, hjnick said:

does that exclude the 5Mil for the draft pick salaries? or in other words can we spend 20-24MIL on free agents or 15-19MIL?

Thanks.

Draft pick "salaries" and draft pick "top 51 cap" are 2 different things.

Most of the Bills draft picks this year won't add much to the Top 51 Cap dollars.

I figure the entire draft (don't have a 1st) will cost only 1 to 1.5 million in cap space.

If you are curious why here is an example.

A 5th round pick will cost no more than 725k cap hit (the new CBA numbers are not yet in Spotrac but that should be close).

When that guy signs he will take the place of a current guy on the roster that is in the top 51 already.

Currently that is a guy with about a 675k cap hit.

That only adds 50k.

Now teams like Miami need a lot of space because they will be drafting a lot of high dollar guys and only "offsetting" the 675k ones.

Bills don't need to worry about that this year.

Beane still has some room to make some moves if he wants or he can resign Tre or Dawkins.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Steelers have the best roster in the AFC. Yikes.

That’s a bittttt a aggressive. 

I think with a healthy Big Ben they are probably a 9-11 win team, but best roster in the AFC??? easy now. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

“30 for 30” voice...

33 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Ben had the look of someone who should retire last year....they drafted his replacement who is not very good.

Ben can’t move anymore and is most definitely not on the TB12 diet regimen. He’s “coming back” but he will be hurt again like he always is. Retirement is calling him. 

• Like (+1) 2