Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

I coulda came off as a jerk there. Didn’t mean to. I’m just trying to figure out how a top 5 pick averaging 700 yds a season, in the passing era, isn’t a borderline bust. Literally the only thing keeping Watkins above that threshold is postseason production.  

No, dude, I was serious.  You're totally right.  And the drum that you're beating is the same drum I've ALWAYS beaten when it comes to this lazy POS.

I had a soft moment and you accurately called me out on it.  Not a jerk at all, brother!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So 1 single 1000 yd season, in his first 6 years, for a top 5 pick that was regardEd as a generational talent at his position and he’s very good? 

so let me get this straight. We are now calling wr’s that have a 6 year average of 700 yds and 5 td a season very good? 

I get it. Postseason runs. But at what point does a player get held accountable for the totality of his work? This dude has been in the 2 most prolific offenses of the last 3 or 4 years and can’t sniff 1000 yds. If a running back was picked in the top 5, and after 6 seasons had eclipsed 1000 yds ONCE and never made a probowl would we be calling him “very good”? 

Other recievers with similar numbers over similar time frames- Adam Thielen, John Brown, Mohamed Sanu, Kenny Stills, and two with lesser numbers per year- Edelman and Amendola. So yes 700 per year with 5 TDs makes you good. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Other recievers with similar numbers over similar time frames- Adam Thielen, John Brown, Mohamed Sanu, Kenny Stills, and two with lesser numbers per year- Edelman and Amendola. So yes 700 per year with 5 TDs makes you good. 

I wouldn’t call that a “good” list. Sorry man. And ESPECIALLY when a dude is a top 5 pick. 

that’s a couple of good wr’s. Couple of solid/average dudes and a couple of replaceable players. That’s not a good list. 

also putting a dude like thielen on their is silly. The guy had to work his way onto a roster his first 2 seasons after being undrafted. Those 2 seasons of fringe play totally skew the numbers. Since he’s established himself his production has put Watkins to shame. But I get it, you’re trying to prove a lame point so you needed to add him without context. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

20 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I wouldn’t call that a “good” list. Sorry man. And ESPECIALLY when a dude is a top 5 pick. 

that’s a couple of good wr’s. Couple of solid/average dudes and a couple of replaceable players. That’s not a good list. 

also putting a dude like thielen on their is silly. The guy had to work his way onto a roster his first 2 seasons after being undrafted. Those 2 seasons of fringe play totally slew the numbers. Since he’s established himself his production has put Watkins to shame. But I get it, you’re trying to prove a lame point so you needed to add him without context. 

Yeah, and all those other guys were picked in the 3rd round or later so their production is pretty much what you should expect, or didn't expect in a good way.  Watkins, being the 4th overall pick, absolutely should not be grouped with those guys.  I guess if you only look at the numbers, he's been "good", but he's still not living up to his 4th overall pick, not even close.

1 hour ago, CNYfan said:

I think the Patriots have 12 and the Dolphins have a bunch early, including as we know, 3 (presently) in the first round.

I get what they were saying. I was just nitpicking. I thought it was a weird way to word it. Instead of saying “just”, I would have said the Bills “still” have 7 picks in this draft after the Diggs trade, or something like that.

7 picks is the normal amount every team starts with. So we have the normal # of picks, were just missing our 1st and have an extra 6th. We still pick at least once in every round from 2-7. So it’s still basically a full draft (Diggs is just our 1st round pick).

like I said, I was just nitpicking. lol 

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

also putting a dude like thielen on their is silly. The guy had to work his way onto a roster his first 2 seasons after being undrafted. Those 2 seasons of fringe play totally skew the numbers. Since he’s established himself his production has put Watkins to shame. But I get it, you’re trying to prove a lame point so you needed to add him without context. 

I will continue in the draft bust topic if you want to continue but this is not proper place as pointed out by others. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

He will get a job next season somewhere

UberEats is open for business. He could investigate opportunities there. Probably could perform his best drives ever there.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

19 hours ago, CNYfan said:

I think the Patriots have 12 and the Dolphins have a bunch early, including as we know, 3 (presently) in the first round.

I fear BB the coach. As GM, not so much. 

16 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I will continue in the draft bust topic if you want to continue but this is not proper place as pointed out by others. 

Is there a “Sammy is all that” thread?

26 minutes ago, papazoid said:

over the past four seasons Cam Newton's  QBR ranks 31st among 40 qualified quarterbacks.

his better days are long gone.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28948659/cam-newton-reaction-release-define-rest-career

The dude has taken an enormous pounding over the years... His best asset is running, not throwing... and his running isn't what it used to be.

Pass.

On 4/7/2020 at 3:12 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

Which one of those players was a top 5 pick? Bust is a relative term derived directly to draft position. If you get a 3rd-4th round talent and production from a top 5 pick, your pick was a bust. That label is as much for the FO that drafted them as it is for the player. Top 10 picks are supposed to change your franchise.

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Which one of those players was a top 5 pick? Bust is a relative term derived directly to draft position. If you get a 3rd-4th round talent and production from a top 5 pick, your pick was a bust. That label is as much for the FO that drafted them as it is for the player. Top 10 picks are supposed to change your franchise.

You and I will have to disagree on what the term bust means- I assume you feel half of each years top 10 are busts and sometimes all of them?

• Like (+1) 1