Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

1 hour ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Well the Patriots just cut Cody Kessler. Looks like their about to make a move for a QB here 

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

sure it wasn't just Bill pulling an April fools day prank on him seems like his humor.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My guess is Jameis Winston. 

image.png.2289420d3bf4032aa4db68f01cf3e662.png

They ain't doin crap 

Edit: thought I had a creative was to say $ h ! t and the filter changed it to 'crap'

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

image.png.2289420d3bf4032aa4db68f01cf3e662.png

They ain't doin crap 

Edit: thought I had a creative was to say $ h ! t and the filter changed it to 'crap'

Are those cap numbers for real?!

Brady left them neck high in it with that dead cap hit.

• Like (+1) 2

I dont love Clowney, but at this point it's almost worth giving him a yr $16M deal just for the 3rd round compensatory pick wed get if he signed elsewhere the following offseason.

$16M for 1 year of Clowney is so so

$16M for 1 year of Clowney plus a future 3rd round comp pick seems like a smart deal

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Estro said:

I dont love Clowney, but at this point it's almost worth giving him a yr $16M deal just for the 3rd round compensatory pick wed get if he signed elsewhere the following offseason.

$16M for 1 year of Clowney plus a future 3rd round comp pick seems like a smart deal

that’s assuming that gets it done

3 hours ago, Estro said:

The comp pick would be for 2022 and that assumes you don’t sign any major free agents in 2021.

The issue that Clowney has is that cap space rolls over into the next offseason. Do you want 1 year of Clowney or would you rather have that 16MM available next year where you can sign a bunch of good players.

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

7 hours ago, hjnick said:

All right Beane!   Now is the time to pounce!  Give him a base of 15MIL/year and incentives to get to 19-20MIL/yr...   2-3 year deal.

He's a risk. First of all injuries. Second, is he one of those guys that ups his game when a signing bonus is at stake?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I agree.  To make any moves they need to move Thuney for draft picks prior to the draft.

I think a lot of people are going to see the .460 win percentage before Brady genius come to light soon.

The Thuney move was an odd play by BB. I think he franchised him for the the sole purpose of keeping him away from the Jets and Dolphins. 

10 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

He's a risk. First of all injuries. Second, is he one of those guys that ups his game when a signing bonus is at stake?

I agree that injuries would be a risk with him, but he played hurt last year w/ Seattle and played pretty well.

IF he doesn't care about his bonus' they we get him for 15MIL to get a great decoy and while the offense is looking at him, others can get the sack/pressure.  IMO, the only true weakness on the defense is the amount of time it takes to get to the QB.  If Clowney helps lessen that number and we put pressure on the QB sooner, they defense will be even more deadly than before.

I think Clowney would flourish in our defense. If he stays healthy, I bet he could get 10-15 QB sacks... THEN he would get that 20MIL/yr contract he desires.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1