Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

Which is fine. I understand his point in not wanting to be there. That $18,000,000 isn't a bad haul for 1 year though by any means and most people could take care of their family off of that for life. Still, pass. Not interested in coughing up picks and that kind of money for a 248lb DE who had 8 sacks last year. 

If Mike Brown does this, and they pass on the hometown kid, you can expect the fans will be absolutely irate. 

Fair enough on your Yannick opinion.

And yeah, if Mike Brown were that dumb, fans should march and burn down the Bengals offices.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Fair enough on your Yannick opinion.

And yeah, if Mike Brown were that dumb, fans should march and burn down the Bengals offices.

not sure if Mike Brown will want to pay 3 #1 picks at one time when their contracts are up!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I suggested the same to my Panthers friend about Winston. Give him $30-35M per year, but -$1M per INT :lol:

Can you write a contract where the player owes the team money at the end of the year?

3 hours ago, H2o said:

I don't know, maybe in the statement of "Why hold a man from taking care of his family."? Seriously, like you can't eat off of $18,000,000 where they don't have a state tax? 

I understand he doesn't want to be there, but don't act like that team is keeping you from making it. I wouldn't trade anything for him, especially due to the fact he wants $22,000,000 per season with $80,000,000-$100,000,000 guaranteed I'm sure. Have fun in Jax this year. 

I do not understand how he is worth 80 million guaranteed to anyone. He is a high level player but does not turn a bad D into a great one, he is a piece of a great defense but that kind of guarantee goes to special players only and Marcel Dareus. 

The Bills were all over Tedric Thompson pre draft in 2017. I know Whaley was still here with coach McDermott, but he has some McDermott DB traits. Could be an interesting by low on a guy who is still young with upside. I think he may have been our pick in the third or fourth id we didn’t move up for Dion or Zay. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The Bills were all over Tedric Thompson pre draft in 2017. I know Whaley was still here with coach McDermott, but he has some McDermott DB traits. Could be an interesting by low on a guy who is still young with upside. I think he may have been our pick in the third or fourth id we didn’t move up for Dion or Zay. 

The Hawks John Schneider seemed like a guy who could do no wrong as recently as 3 seasons ago. Man they have really blown a lot of moves recently! Tedric looked really good in 2018, showing a lot of promise.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The Hawks John Schneider seemed like a guy who could do no wrong as recently as 3 seasons ago. Man they have really blown a lot of moves recently! Tedric looked really good in 2018, showing a lot of promise.

They've paid their QB, roster moves get a lot tighter.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

They've paid their QB, roster moves get a lot tighter.

But, it’s less about finance and more about their draft moves, trades and FA signings. Look back at their last three drafts and, aside from an excellent, but one armed, special teamer and part-time linebacker and his brother, they really haven’t come up with much. When you compare it with Beane, you see far more effective use of draft and financial capital from OBD. Beane was saddled with very serious financial weight when he arrived as well, but he worked around it. The Bills could fit Wilson’s contract in with the current roster and I can 100% guarantee you that this roster would kill the Hawks with Russell at QB

7 hours ago, H2o said:

Which is fine. I understand his point in not wanting to be there. That $18,000,000 isn't a bad haul for 1 year though by any means and most people could take care of their family off of that for life. Still, pass. Not interested in coughing up picks and that kind of money for a 248lb DE who had 8 sacks last year. 

If Mike Brown does this, and they pass on the hometown kid, you can expect the fans will be absolutely irate. 

How hard to do you think it is to evaluate Tua and Burrow?

Those guys played with first round picks all over their offense. It’s not exactly a level playing field.

16 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

How hard to do you think it is to evaluate Tua and Burrow?

Those guys played with first round picks all over their offense. It’s not exactly a level playing field.

Yeah, but they also played against the best comp in college football being in the SEC with both of them balling out. They also both got it done in the biggest moments. If Tua's health holds up I expect them both to do well in the NFL. 

25 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yeah, but they also played against the best comp in college football being in the SEC with both of them balling out. They also both got it done in the biggest moments. If Tua's health holds up I expect them both to do well in the NFL. 

maybe but both guys pretty much had all day to throw to first round WRs, TEs, and backs. The Miami Dolphins and Cincinnati Bengals will be a different animal. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

One would think the Diggs deal was already in the works. I don't believe they were thinking, "Diggs or Sanders, Sanders or Diggs, hmm? Diggs it is because Sanders won't commit." 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

But, it’s less about finance and more about their draft moves, trades and FA signings. Look back at their last three drafts and, aside from an excellent, but one armed, special teamer and part-time linebacker and his brother, they really haven’t come up with much. When you compare it with Beane, you see far more effective use of draft and financial capital from OBD. Beane was saddled with very serious financial weight when he arrived as well, but he worked around it. The Bills could fit Wilson’s contract in with the current roster and I can 100% guarantee you that this roster would kill the Hawks with Russell at QB

They have been picking later than the Bills in each round.  That make it harder to find good players.  Expect the Bills to have more misses now that they are picking in the back 1/3 of rounds.

1 minute ago, H2o said:

One would think the Diggs deal was already in the works. I don't believe they were thinking, "Diggs or Sanders, Sanders or Diggs, hmm? Diggs it is because Sanders won't commit." 

Yep. ES was most likely a fallback option if the Vikings chose not to accept the offer.

18 minutes ago, H2o said:

It has been widely reported that the Diggs deal came together over several hours, after his Tweet.  So it’s possible Sanders’ story is exactly what happened.

• Like (+1) 1