Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Bill O’Brien really should fire Bill O’Brien before he does any more Bill O’Brien-y things. 

Can you imagine being a Texans fan right now? 

Having a stud QB like Deshuan Watson and watching an absolutely AWFUL head coach who is ALSO a comically horrendous general manager piss away said QB's rookie contract years? He not only finds a way to make the team worse each and every year, he ALSO finds a way to do so while getting rid of multiple draft picks and giving all-pro players away for peanuts. 

He's just so absolutely awful at running a team. It's stunning. And yet, they're just going to continue letting him commit roster malpractice because "HE COACHED WITH BELICHICK ONCE! HE MUST KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING!"

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I feel sorry for the people of Houston ,  first the Astros and now O'Brien .

spotrac has Tunsil market value at $18.2M  a year  ,   Dawkins  at $14.3M

Edited by ALF

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And BOB totally put himself in this situation by what he gave up without having Tunsil agree to a new deal at that time. It's the same situation the Rams will find themselves in with Ramsey. It's absolutely horrid management of a team. The guy we just traded for has 4 years left on his deal. That doesn't mean he will not look for a new one somewhere down the road, but he has 4 years left on his deal none the less. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He's guaranteed almost $18,000,000 this year under the Franchise Tag if and when he signs it. This sounds like Latrell Sprewell back in the day to me. No, Yannick, we don't sympathize with your "plight". 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

He's guaranteed almost $18,000,000 this year under the Franchise Tag if and when he signs it. This sounds like Latrell Sprewell back in the day to me. No, Yannick, we don't sympathize with your "plight". 

Where is he asking for sympathy or talking about a plight?

Dude just wants to leave his current employer. Something we all get to do if we want. Money isnt the issue here. It's being held hostage and forced to work for aholes.

Free Yannick!

I'd send 2020 2nd and 2021 2nd. Get r dun.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ALF said:

I feel sorry for the people of Houston ,  first the Astros and now O'Brien .

spotrac has Tunsil market value at $18.2M  a year  ,   Dawkins  at $14.3M

Karma for a sketchily overturned Bills TD and a phony blocking penalty that allowed them to win their WC game. BOB sold his soul to the devil and now it’s all downhill. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dude just wants to leave his current employer. Something we all get to do if we want. Money isnt the issue here. It's being held hostage and forced to work for aholes.

Free Yannick!

I don't know, maybe in the statement of "Why hold a man from taking care of his family."? Seriously, like you can't eat off of $18,000,000 where they don't have a state tax? 

I understand he doesn't want to be there, but don't act like that team is keeping you from making it. I wouldn't trade anything for him, especially due to the fact he wants $22,000,000 per season with $80,000,000-$100,000,000 guaranteed I'm sure. Have fun in Jax this year. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Free Yannick!

hr complains about not being able to "take care of his family" on $18mm a year when most Americans are worried about how they are going to pay rent tomorrow.

Keep this cancer off our team.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, H2o said:

I don't know, maybe in the statement of "Why hold a man from taking care of his family."? Seriously, like you can't eat off of $18,000,000 where they don't have a state tax? 

I understand he doesn't want to be there, but don't act like that team is keeping you from making it. I wouldn't trade anything for him, especially due to the fact he wants $22,000,000 per season with $80,000,000-$100,000,000 guaranteed I'm sure. Have fun in Jax this year. 

I would not do this trade either. Just think it’s too much to give up. I assume Jax would take no less than what KC gave up for Frank Clark next year. Just not feeling it. Draft a kid. 

as far as his comments I think he’s referring to taking care of his family like long term security and not playing on the tag. I can’t relate personally but I think that’s what he means 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

Are yall seriously that dense, or just that desperate to find stuff to hate people for?

He isnt complaining about $18M as a general figure. He's comparing it to the $120M he could make on the market with a long term deal instead of a 1yr where he risks injury, and the freedom to choose where he works.

We all know HE isnt the cancer in the Jags org. That is Marrone and Coughlin who have successfully run off all their talent.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Nester said:

pay him $25mm a year, but he losses $1mm for each penalty. Works out to $9mm in 2019.

seems high for the most penalized player in the nfl.

I suggested the same to my Panthers friend about Winston. Give him $30-35M per year, but -$1M per INT :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think Yannick is getting traded soon and that's why Clowney hasn't signed. Teams and Clowney are waiting to see what happens with Yannick.

I think Clowney isn't signed because teams aren't giving him the years/money he wants.  If one team did he would be signed.  Don't think it has anything to do with Ngakaoue.  All those injuries/missed time are coming back to bite him now.

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Are yall seriously that dense, or just that desperate to find stuff to hate people for?

He isnt complaining about $18M as a general figure. He's comparing it to the $120M he could make on the market with a long term deal instead of a 1yr where he risks injury, and the freedom to choose where he works.

We all know HE isnt the cancer in the Jags org. That is Marrone and Coughlin who have successfully run off all their talent.

Which is fine. I understand his point in not wanting to be there. That $18,000,000 isn't a bad haul for 1 year though by any means and most people could take care of their family off of that for life. Still, pass. Not interested in coughing up picks and that kind of money for a 248lb DE who had 8 sacks last year. 

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

If Mike Brown does this, and they pass on the hometown kid, you can expect the fans will be absolutely irate. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1