Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

45 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

#Redskins TE Logan Thomas: 2 years, $6.145M ($2.25M signing bonus)

Logan Thomas quietly getting an ok contract 

He wasn’t horrible with the Lions last year. Seems pretty in line with his performance 

On 3/26/2020 at 3:28 PM, ColoradoBills said:

Personally I think EJ does help a lot going into camp.

But that aside, I agree with the BPA statement, it could be a QB at 4 or 5 and I wanted to know who could be a fit for backup.

Agree on Gaines.

though I’m not crazy about drafting a QB as backup. I’d prefer an established vet. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TOboy said:

Clowney really sticks out above all the rest on that list, but I can't see it happening, not after all the investments we just made to the D-line. 

Also have a hard time seeing any of those 3 QB's swallowing their ego to come backup Josh. Maybe Flacco, as he's at the latest stage of his career. 

Maybe Hyde or Higgins? But I'd really like to see us add RB in Round 2. I think you can get a real game changer there. 

I'm kind of like "eh" on the OP's list. Flacco would be a decent b/u, but don't see the other 2 accepting anything other than starting gigs.

Re: RB - draft some young legs. Plug and play.  AJ Dillon is who I'm clamoring about. Love that kid.

Edited by inaugural balls
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

I'm kind of like "eh" on the OP's list. Flacco would be a decent b/u, but don't see the other 2 accepting anything other than starting gigs.

Re: RB - draft some young legs. Plug and play.  

Not in round 2. Get a guy like Moss or Dillon in round 4-5 to pair with Devin. Need a CB2, edge or O-Line. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Not in round 2. Get a guy like Moss or Dillon in round 4-5 to pair with Devin. Need a CB2, edge or O-Line. 

Respectfully disagree with the word "need".

Beane will draft BPA. That may be any of the aforementioned, but not sure edge or OL are warranted at 54. I think there stands a much better chance of WR or RB fitting the bill.

1 minute ago, inaugural balls said:

Respectfully disagree with the word "need".

Beane will draft BPA. That may be any of the aforementioned, but not sure edge or OL are warranted at 54. I think there stands a much better chance of WR or RB fitting the bill.

I get the whole BPA thing, but what if a player of similar value can be had in later rounds? There might not be an edge guy in round 2, but I think a CB or OL will be. If the Bills draft a RB in round 2 after investing a 3rd in Devin last year, I think that would be a poor allocation of draft resources. Same goes for a receiver since they traded their 1st for Diggs.

1 minute ago, Motor26 said:

I get the whole BPA thing, but what if a player of similar value can be had in later rounds? There might not be an edge guy in round 2, but I think a CB or OL will be. If the Bills draft a RB in round 2 after investing a 3rd in Devin last year, I think that would be a poor allocation of draft resources. Same goes for a receiver since they traded their 1st for Diggs.

Here's what I believe. The player selected will be BPA. :beer: 

6 hours ago, Logic said:

I suppose you know for certain after one season that he WASN'T the best player available?

?

Exactly. A lot of draft analysts stated that Ford would need some work dealing with the NFL's speed rushers on the edge. Expecting him to come in as a rookie and perform at a high level just because he was a 2nd round draft choice is ridiculous. Even most first round tackles have a big learning curve when reaching the pros and only a few come in playing great out of the gate. 

I myself thought he could play guard right away and switch to tackle when he was ready. That was obviously not their plan for him and it was not where he was needed last year either. He got thrown into the fire and understandably struggled but showed steady improvement. Even if he is a backup this year I would not label him a bad pick or a bust, he is young and improving. 

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 7