Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

11 hours ago, Chemical said:

why do so many people want us to be done signing players?

it's not possible...they bring 90 to camp and we are well short so there will be more. The draft and players who didn't get drafted will make up bulk of remaining signings

Edited by nucci

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is significant. A lot of hype for Baltimore's vaunted D-line additions in the past couple weeks and now they've essentially lost Pierce and only gained Campbell which I would view as a wash. 

They should still have a great defense and are probably the AFC favorites along with the Chiefs, but something to watch. They have a lot of draft capital, but I think their roster has gotten worse as a result of free agency. 

1 hour ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

This is significant. A lot of hype for Baltimore's vaunted D-line additions in the past couple weeks and now they've essentially lost Pierce and only gained Campbell which I would view as a wash. 

They should still have a great defense and are probably the AFC favorites along with the Chiefs, but something to watch. They have a lot of draft capital, but I think their roster has gotten worse as a result of free agency. 

They also traded some of their good yoing depth by sending Chris Wormley to the Steelers. They also lost Patrick Owunasor and Josh Bynes at the linebacker spot. While they did aquire Calais Campbell, I don’t think they are better on defense. And offensively, Marshal Yanda retired and they traded Hayden Hurst and are sitting with like 14 million in cap. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Jags fans be like

We suck again GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The richest contract in league history just got doled out to a RB of all things. That's A LOT of millions. :rolleyes::lol:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/8050/tyler-ervin

Packers re-signed RB Tyler Ervin to a one-year, $1,047 million contract.

Ervin didn't boost Green Bay's offense as much as he did their special teams upon joining the Packers off waivers from Jacksonville, averaging 9.3 yards per punt return across six appearances (including two postseason contests) from Week 13 on. His best-case scenario on offense out of camp is sticking as the team's fourth-string option behind Aaron Jones (quietly entering the final year of his contract), Jamaal Williams, and Dexter Williams.

• Haha (+1) 6

Some Players still on the Market that I would like to see Buffalo kick tires on...

QB (if willing to accept a BU Role):

Winston

Newton

Flacco

RB:

Carlos Hyde

Lamar Miller

Devonta Freeman  (probably too close of a Skill Set to Singletary)

TE:

Ricky Seals-Jones

Delanie Walker

WR:

Rashard Higgins

Demarcus Robinson

OL:

Really none

DL:

Jadeveon Clowney

Everson Griffen

Ezekiel Ansah

Daniel Wise

LB:

Darron Lee

Nigel Bradham

DB:

Ronald Darby

Darqueze Dannard

• Thank you (+1) 1

Clowney really sticks out above all the rest on that list, but I can't see it happening, not after all the investments we just made to the D-line. 

Also have a hard time seeing any of those 3 QB's swallowing their ego to come backup Josh. Maybe Flacco, as he's at the latest stage of his career. 

Maybe Hyde or Higgins? But I'd really like to see us add RB in Round 2. I think you can get a real game changer there. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Some Players still on the Market that I would like to see Buffalo kick tires on...

QB (if willing to accept a BU Role):

Winston

Newton

Flacco

RB:

Carlos Hyde

Lamar Miller

Devonta Freeman  (probably too close of a Skill Set to Singletary)

TE:

Ricky Seals-Jones

Delanie Walker

WR:

Rashard Higgins

Demarcus Robinson

OL:

Really none

DL:

Jadeveon Clowney

Everson Griffen

Ezekiel Ansah

Daniel Wise

LB:

Darron Lee

Nigel Bradham

DB:

Ronald Darby

Darqueze Dannard

I would be interested in:

Hyde

Walker

Ansah

Darby 

I picked them based on what kind of money I expect them to make and I think they could be signed to 1 or 2 year deals. All the QBs I think will want bigger money.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/24/2020 at 1:51 AM, cle23 said:

I have no clue how a guy who had 3.5 sacks last year wants $20 million. It's insane. Clowney is a good player, but I don't feel he is elite.

I like Hyde on a 1 year deal.  Seems like an ideal fit behind Singletary