Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I would think a veteran RB is also in play.  One at a good price.  Hyde, Freeman, maybe L Miller.  Short term deal to be RB2 while the draft pick they get develops.

The comment I was responding to was limited to whether we would sign an Edge. The Clowney or no one opinion is in that context. We have room for a few smaller free agent signings and vet rb is certainly one of the possibilities.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, njbuff said:

I don't know, they already have 3 edge guys 30 (Murphy, Hughes, Addison) and over.

You would think it would have to be for someone younger and it really makes you wonder if Clowney is the guy for a one year prove it deal.

You know more about this stuff than I do, so you may be right about Griffin.

Simply put Griffen is a better football player than Murphy. Neither guy offers future stability as an edge rusher but short term I'm taking Griffen. Leslie Frazier knows him well.

• Like (+1) 1

I honestly believe we are done with FA until after the draft. We've traded for our #1 WR in Diggs, re-signed Spain, extended Poyer, brought in Klein(LB), Butler(DT), Addison(DE), Jefferson(DE/DT), Matakevich(LB), Jones(RB), and Norman(CB). There aren't really any glaring holes left on this team. I think they see how the draft falls for them and make a couple more moves after that. 

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

I honestly believe we are done with FA until after the draft. We've traded for our #1 WR in Diggs, re-signed Spain, extended Poyer, brought in Klein(LB), Butler(DT), Addison(DE), Jefferson(DE/DT), Matakevich(LB), Jones(RB), and Norman(CB). There aren't really any glaring holes left on this team. I think they see how the draft falls for them and make a couple more moves after that. 

I think you are right.  Depth type signings maybe but you would think Beane would like these guys to come in for a workout.

Travel restrictions are impeding this.

On to the Draft!

Well with the EJ Gaines signing that just removed CB as a "need" in the draft.

Is it maybe time for Beane to look for Josh Allen's long term backup in the draft?

Would a 4th round pick get us that?  What say the college fans, if so who could that guy be.

48 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Is it maybe time for Beane to look for Josh Allen's long term backup in the draft?

Would a 4th round pick get us that?  What say the college fans, if so who could that guy be.

I don't believe signing EJ makes us any more set at CB than we were before, but we're set up nicely for BPA.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

I don't believe signing EJ makes us any more set at CB than we were before, but we're set up nicely for BPA.

Personally I think EJ does help a lot going into camp.

But that aside, I agree with the BPA statement, it could be a QB at 4 or 5 and I wanted to know who could be a fit for backup.

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Disagree.  After sitting out an entire year, Gains is probably making just over the vet minimum ($950,000 in his case) and is 50/50 to make it out of camp, IMO.    

They need a young CB just as much today as they did yesterday...

Edited by Lurker

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Disagree.  Gains is probably making just over the vet minimum and is 50/50 to make it out of camp, IMO.     

They need a young CB just as much today as they did yesterday...

Sure, every team is always looking for CBs but I don't think we'll see one taken in the 2nd or 3rd.

That will be used for a greater need IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Sure, every team is always looking for CBs but I don't think we'll see one taken in the 2nd or 3rd.

That will be used for a greater need IMO.

If the player warrants it, I don't think Beane would pass on a 2nd or 3rd round CB.   

It's still a big need, even with the two vets he signed--both of whom likely won't be here next year.   McD likes young players (i.e., Darryl Johnson, Jaquan Johnson) to sit and learn behind vets for a year and I can see that happening again...

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If the player warrants it, I don't think Beane would pass on a 2nd or 3rd round CB.   

It's still a big need, even with the two vets he signed--both of whom likely won't be here next year.   McD likes young players (i.e., Darryl Johnson, Jaquan Johnson) to sit and learn behind vets for a year and I can see that happening again...

Well hopefully we find out next month one way or the other.

5 hours ago, H2o said:

Well then..... Open mouth, insert foot :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3