Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

6 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

the window is NOW...

something tells me Beane and Clowney are having a back and forth regarding a one year prove it deal where both sides win

Yup. Still have a feeling we have 1 big trade/signing left 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Yup. Still have a feeling we have 1 big trade/signing left 

Joe Marino eluded to hearing things about the Bills being linked to a pass rusher on his podcast that came out Sunday. He sounded excited about it though so must not be Clowney. I had to rewind it to see if he was referring to a guy in the draft or in FA and it seemed like he meant FA 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Joe Marino eluded to hearing things about the Bills being linked to a pass rusher on his podcast that came out Sunday. He sounded excited about it though so must not be Clowney. I had to rewind it to see if he was referring to a guy in the draft or in FA and it seemed like he meant FA 

Trading for Joey Bosa? ?

Seriously though, I have no idea who it could be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

the window is NOW...

something tells me Beane and Clowney are having a back and forth regarding a one year prove it deal where both sides win

Docs are currently examining spleen x-rays to determine whether Beane makes an offer.

Image result for doctor looking at spleen xray

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Everson Griffin maybe?

I don't know, they already have 3 edge guys 30 (Murphy, Hughes, Addison) and over.

You would think it would have to be for someone younger and it really makes you wonder if Clowney is the guy for a one year prove it deal.

You know more about this stuff than I do, so you may be right about Griffin.

Just now, njbuff said:

I don't know, they already have 3 edge guys 30 (Murphy, Hughes, Addison) and over.

You would think it would have to be for someone younger and it really makes you wonder if Clowney is the guy for a one year prove it deal.

Just a guess based on who is left. 

23 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Addison has 3 years of term, Hughes has 2 and Murphy has one. You would think they wouldn't want to have Clowney and Hughes up in the same year so a 1 year or a 3 year make more sense that way and a 4 year might be perfect so you had one potentially come off the books each year and Clowney would be the youngest of them all

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would be surprised if we took a flyer on Griffin unless he comes very cheap......we already brought in a aged edge

Yeah, I think its Clowney or no one at this point, though if they sign Griffin we can start calling them The Get Off My Lawn Gang.

12 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Yeah, I think its Clowney or no one at this point, though if they sign Griffin we can start calling them The Get Off My Lawn Gang.

I would think a veteran RB is also in play.  One at a good price.  Hyde, Freeman, maybe L Miller.  Short term deal to be RB2 while the draft pick they get develops.