Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

39 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I can give you lesser players making more than the $12million you are talking about. I can also give you 32 NFL GM’s that would love to have him for $14million if he’d take it. You are quoting one stat as indicative of the players value

Translation: Some players get overpaid. Duh.

'One stat indicative of the players value'

Okay then give me another stat, that's right you can't but you can say 'he was a disruptive force(on the 26th ranked D)

Lol.

Edited by MrSarcasm

26 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

Translation: Some players get overpaid. Duh.

'One stat indicative of the players value'

Okay then give me another stat, that's right you can't but you can say 'he was a disruptive force(on the 26th ranked D)

Lol.

13 games played, 13 qb hits, 31 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 2 defensive tds, 1 int. He’s not mediocre has been my point and he isn’t

15 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

13 games played, 13 qb hits, 31 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 2 defensive tds, 1 int. He’s not mediocre has been my point and he isn’t

Those are mediocre to slightly above stats. Nowhere close to elite.

16 games played, 18 qb hits, 31 tackles, 1 forced fumble and 6.5.  Shaq Lawson.

Is/was Shaq Lawson a force to be reckoned with?They both have very similar stats and Shaq was a rotational player.

2 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

Those are mediocre to slightly above stats. Nowhere close to elite.

16 games played, 18 qb hits, 31 tackles, 1 forced fumble and 6.5.  Shaq Lawson.

Is/was Shaq Lawson a force to be reckoned with?They both have very similar stats and Shaq was a rotational player.

And so was Clowney for much of the year...and the stats were similar in 3 less games...and he had 2 tds...and Seattle was “load managing “ him until the playoffs where he showed out. I’m going to agree to disagree with you and end this.

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The stat optics are bad, but the game optics are telling a different story. You can choose to believe what you will, but his QB pressure stat is high-end and you would love him if he were on the Bills roster opening day 

This is pretty much the line the old FO was feeding us for why Sammy wasn't actually worse than Odell and others picked in the class, because he was a decoy and got other people open. In that case we should give the much maligned Star Lotulelei a bonus for every sack across the Dline, because he "helped" others get theirs.  

If your point is he isn't mediocre, you're arguing with people who aren't calling him mediocre. There is however, a vast distance between "not mediocre" and worth even 14M. 

Edited by ndirish1978

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I can give you lesser players making more than the $12million you are talking about. I can also give you 32 NFL GM’s that would love to have him for $14million if he’d take it. You are quoting one stat as indicative of the players value

How many QB sacks does someone need to get to be worth $20MIL a year?

I think you got to have an incentive based contract with him.  Set a base salary of whatever, 12-15MIL/yr.  then give him incentives that he can get up to 20-22mil a year.

IF he plays all world, he gets all world money.  Anything less, than we got a good DE that helps out the team for a 'reasonable' number.

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, 947 said:

Jets may have all of the top-3 WRs in available to them in the draft. Plus Crowder is a solid Slot-WR. 

Jets need a LT before they need a wideout. I’d be happy if they took a WR over a tackle. 

You know your desperate for anything at WR when your fanbase gets excited about Perriman coming in. Guy mustered 36 catches in a pass happy offense with Godwin & Evans. This is a move Whaley, Nix or Marv would’ve made and try to sell us on how he’s reaching his potential at the right time. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

You know your desperate for anything at WR when your fanbase gets excited about Perriman coming in. Guy mustered 36 catches in a pass happy offense with Godwin & Evans. This is a move Whaley, Nix or Marv would’ve made and try to sell us on how he’s reaching his potential at the right time. 

ScottLaw loves it.  J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets!