Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I wonder if the Jets anticipated that and perhaps outbid the Bills.   It will be interesting to see the contract numbers.

Strange, though, that Gregg Williams defense emphasizes man-to-man coverage and Desir is a zone CB...    

so you could have a Norman thing happening with him

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

For us Bills fans, this FA thing has gotten really boring really quickly.

?

Boredom is a real issue these days!

On thing I know for sure is I prefer boredom to panic! 

It’s nice not to be desperate at this point to fill huge voids. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yep. I have a hard time understanding what the Jets are doing actually. I think McGovern is a good add and I always liked Alex Lewis. They still need two tackles. Fant is not the answer. They must either be working on something big like Clowney or a Trent Williams trade because their offseason has been strangely conservative.  

Prior to the Desir signing, I would have termed it 'very Jetsian'.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I can’t believe that.... I’d love this. 

Didnt Hoyer have like an amazing game when he was on the Browns, a Thursday night I think it was.

1 minute ago, boco357 said:

Didnt Hoyer have like an amazing game when he was on the Browns, a Thursday night I think it was.

Brandon Weeden it was even better 

2 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Prior to the Desir signing, I would have termed it 'very Jetsian'.

Yes, this move may be OK, but there are questions whether he fits their system.  As for the rest of their off season, Meh.  

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, ExWNYer said:

Their defense is still too good to tank. They are a middle of the pack team at worst.

Still, right now they have the worst offense in the NFL on paper.

Even the 1985 Bears would struggle with this offense.

But, this will be the last time you hear me talk of NE stinking until it actually happens.

Even without Brady, the Bills will have to drive a stake into their hearts to kill them (not literally, of course ?).

I know that I am in the minority on this one, but I actually really like Jarret Stidham. He’s got a lot of tools, really athletic, good arm, smart, big time high school recruit. I studied a ton of Auburn film, so I do like his game. He’s not going to be Brady obviously, but I could see him be a Dak Prescott type of guy who might be good with a good running game. That said they should trade anybody who is good and tank for Lawrence. But as others have said, as currently constructed, they might be too good. I’m interested to see how differently the refs call the games now that the golden boy is gone. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I know that I am in the minority on this one, but I actually really like Jarret Stidham. He’s got a lot of tools, really athletic, good arm, smart, big time high school recruit. I studied a ton of Auburn film, so I do like his game. He’s not going to be Brady obviously, but I could see him be a Dak Prescott type of guy who might be good with a good running game. That said they should trade anybody who is good and tank for Lawrence. But as others have said, as currently constructed, they might be too good. I’m interested to see how differently the refs call the games now that the golden boy is gone. 

I agree with your sentiment on Stidham.  The thing that impresses me about him is his accuracy and ability to step up in the pocket.  I think he has a chance to be good.  More importantly, I think Bill B. has proven he can develop a QB.

I watched every throw from Stidhams preseason game vs. the Lions and it was impressive.  With that said, his arm is weak, and when he has to throw outside the hashes it takes a long time to get there.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I can’t believe that.... I’d love this. 

You know, I remember a time being excited that Drew Bledsoe was injured and being replaced by a scrubby 6th round pick.  Perhaps we should consider the possibility that Jarrett Stidham isn't garbage and/or that they are planning on taking a QB in round 1 and doing whatever it takes to make that happen.

7 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

You know, I remember a time being excited that Drew Bledsoe was injured and being replaced by a scrubby 6th round pick.  Perhaps we should consider the possibility that Jarrett Stidham isn't garbage and/or that they are planning on taking a QB in round 1 and doing whatever it takes to make that happen.

Tom Brady was seriously the exception wouldn’t you agree

I like how the media along with most NFL fans think Jarrett Stidham is going to be good just because he looked good in the preseason and was drafted by the Patriots.  He could just be fools gold like Peterman was. I think its awfully convenient the Pats managed to find their next HOF QB the year before Brady leaves the team. 

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Tom Brady was seriously the exception wouldn’t you agree

Yes, but they have had the option to extend Brady on a multi-year for the last couple years and chose not to.  They have had some decent QBs through there recently and I don't think BB will go into a season without a functioning QB at his age.  There is a distinct possibility that they just go back to physical football and defense like they did before Brady was Brady.  Knowing the the league has to prepare for teams like KC by getting smaller and quicker, a team that commits to pounding the football right now could have some success.

Brady was part of the equation there, admittedly a big one, but BB is the thing that has made it work.  In the 20 years Brady was their QB that team evolved at least 3 different times to match what the team had and/or to do what BB thought would work to counter what the league was doing.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Interesting - thanks.

Can't say I know anything about this cat. I shall proceed cautiously before I drive a stake in the Pats. 

42 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Can't imagine that ***** happens again... wouldn't shock me to see them target and take a QB round 1.

Jiminy xmas - let's hope not.

Picking at 23. Won't the "top QBs" be off the board?

Who are you thinking?