Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Could do that, they didn't sign a lot of UFAs yet that I can see.  So they know by removing they would get a 3rd next year, so maybe that is why a 2nd next year would be enough to get it done.  Not sure it would be a trade that would happen before the draft

I don't think Buffalo would be the team though.

But what do I know. ?

I just don’t think Ngakoue is a scheme fit. Obviously I’d love to have a player with his skillset, but I just don’t think McDermott would want to hand out a massive contract to a 240 pound defensive end. Even Jerry Hughes is a questionable fit, but as a rotational player he has been okay. If they are handing out a massive contract to a guy, it has to be a perfect fit like Clowney or a Frank Clark, Demarcus Lawrence type. Bigger ends and defensive linemen so that you can have smaller rangey linebackers like Milano make plays is the MO here. That’s just my 2 cents. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

How would people like Bills trading 54th (2020 2nd) the 2nd and 3rd in 2021 for Yannick Ngakoue

I would only offer the 2020 and 2021 second round picks.     Two early picks next year essentually gut your 2021 draft, IMO...

34 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Spitballing here.....  

How would people like Bills trading 54th (2020 2nd) the 2nd and 3rd in 2021 for Yannick Ngakoue

Basing that compensation package on 

Dee Ford was traded for a 2nd

Frank Clark traded for a 1st and 2nd.

I think Yannick logically falls somewhere in the middle there.

I would offer our third this year, maybe I could be talked into a second. But I’m only giving them one pick in top three rounds. Yannick doesn’t want to be there and everyone knows it

Yannick is a talented young player...BUT...his production is basically on par with Mario Addision, who we've already acquired. In a vacuum, I'd love to add Ngakoue but not at the price it's going to cost both against the cap and in draft capital. 

We're pretty much set on the D-line in the short term, let's use those remaining assets to address areas of need and really go for it this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

Wait...

Are people still thinking the Bills will get Ngakoue?

That dream flew out the window when they signed Addison and Jefferson, in my opinion.

Any additions at edge will likely come in the draft at this point.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Depends if they release Murphy or not.

I would rather just sign Clowney if they are going to cut Murphy.

I still think McBeane likes Murphy, so I don't expect another veteran signing on the DL. Anything would come from the draft.

The Bills have plenty on the edge right now with Hughes, Addison, Murphy, Johnson and Jefferson.

Most of you would be thinking I'm growing my own with this, but I really don't care. What if (and I know it's a big what if) Christian Wade made strong progress in the off season, and he's ready to be a #2 behind Singletary?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I would rather just sign Clowney if they are going to cut Murphy.

I still think McBeane likes Murphy, so I don't expect another veteran signing on the DL. Anything would come from the draft.

The Bills have plenty on the edge right now with Hughes, Addison, Murphy, Johnson and Jefferson.

I think it's McDermott making the call honestly. These 2 work hand in hand on every move, especially defense.

McDermott has schemed pressures so far as Bills coach. Murphy may just do his job good enough for McDermott. They also really like last year rookie Daryl Johnson.

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

Most of you would be thinking I'm growing my own with this, but I really don't care. What if (and I know it's a big what if) Christian Wade made strong progress in the off season, and he's ready to be a #2 behind Singletary?

I think they're looking for a veteran bigger RB. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think it's McDermott making the call honestly. These 2 work hand in hand on every move, especially defense.

McDermott has schemed pressures so far as Bills coach. Murphy may just do his job good enough for McDermott. They also really like last year rookie Daryl Johnson.

I think the Bills have more than enough on the edge for 2020.

Plus we might see Edmunds rushing a little more in 2020. I might be the only who thinks he can be a monster rushing the passer.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Spitballing here.....  

Basing that compensation package on 

Dee Ford was traded for a 2nd

Frank Clark traded for a 1st and 2nd.

I think Yannick logically falls somewhere in the middle there.

No thanks. He's not worth the $$$ he wants. 

Glad they are bringing Marlowe back. Reliable depth that knows the system well. Perfect as the third guy. They may still grab another rookie late in the draft like they did with Johnson last year, but the safety group is looking good. 

Just now, Philo said:

Glad they are bringing Marlowe back. Reliable depth that knows the system well. Perfect as the third guy. They may still grab another rookie late in the draft like they did with Johnson last year, but the safety group is looking good. 

Siran Neal might be the best backup S in the league, so the Bills are fine across the board at the S position.

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Siran Neal might be the best backup S in the league, so the Bills are fine across the board at the S position.

Neal has played almost no safety for Buffalo. He played slot corner in big nickel packages almost exclusively last year.