Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

26 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Beane is a bat

'Bout 10 PM we'll throw up the Bean Bat Signal and the Bills spending begins...

1728982702_ScreenShot2020-03-18at7_25_13PM.thumb.png.aac9150fb0d6cbe3467e0ee2266b99da.png

Edited by Heitz
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Keeping in mind the needed extensions for Dawkins/Tre/Milano and the fact that we’d pay to pay Ngakoue $20-22 million per season and will cost at least a second round pick, trading for him seems prohibitive. 

However, the Diggs trade and our other moves combined with Brady leaving the AFC has sped up our timeline. And in my opinion, Ngakoue is about as sure of a bet as you’d ever find in free agency. He’s young, productive, and is a good guy on and off the field. His salary could be offset to a decent extent by cutting Murphy this year and Star next year (since we signed Butler). 

What are your thoughts guys? Would Ngakoue put us over the top and make us a top 3 AFC team (Chiefs and Ravens) or is the cost in draft capital/cap space too much?

2 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Keeping in mind the needed extensions for Dawkins/Tre/Milano and the fact that we’d pay to pay Ngakoue $20-22 million per season and will cost at least a second round pick, trading for him seems prohibitive. 

However, the Diggs trade and our other moves combined with Brady leaving the AFC has sped up our timeline. And in my opinion, Ngakoue is about as sure of a bet as you’d ever find in free agency. He’s young, productive, and is a good guy on and off the field. His salary could be offset to a decent extent by cutting Murphy this year and Star next year (since we signed Butler). 

What are your thoughts guys? Would Ngakoue put us over the top and make us a top 3 AFC team (Chiefs and Ravens) or is the cost in draft capital/cap space too much?

We have $40M this season and $98 in space next year - we are fine with cap space!

I like to imagine Carolina signed John Miller in a feeble attempt to get back at Beane for all the former Panthers he's poached.  It's just a 1 year deal, so we might see him back in Buffalo in 2021.  Wouldn't that be something?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Are we sure that $40M accounts for everyone? I didn’t think Butler, Jefferson, etc.. we’re accounted for

Based on the Butler, Jefferson and Taiwan estimates, the Bills are closer to $24million. Still enough to handle $20million on Ngakoue, but that would end our FA.

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Based on the Butler, Jefferson and Taiwan estimates, the Bills are closer to $24million. Still enough to handle $20million on Ngakoue, but that would end our FA.

And also cancel out extensions for Dawkins, Milano, and Tre. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1