Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

Just now, Tesla03 said:

if bigger market teams are interested we won't get any of those players unless we massively over pay 

our only chance at top talent was growing some balls and trading away draft picks like the Cardinals did

You’re right.  Mitch Morse chose the Jets over us last year...unless you think Buffalo is a bigger market than NYC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

What makes you say that

Beane and McD don't overpay for players. In the past the only way we attracted top FA talent is if we overpaid. 

which is why we needed to be proactive this offseason and strike for a big trade. It could still happen but IMO Beane values his draft picks far too much and it will end up costing him in the long term. 

If we field another mediocre offense next year questions need to be asked. 

2 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

if bigger market teams are interested we won't get any of those players unless we massively over pay 

our only chance at top talent was growing some balls and trading away draft picks like the Cardinals did

Yes because teams who trade away top picks for the right to pay someone big money have so much success.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

LOL so much for "going all out" this offseason 

Is the Bills front office still quarantined? this was supposed to be the most important offseason for this franchise in 3+ decades everyone is sleeping. 

You're ready to close the book on the offseason literally before it’s even begun.

:lol:

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wish I had time but too late now to gather all that. Though if someone wants to put together all the signings as of now I will copy and paste into the OP and take it from there 

Totally understand.    Mind sticking the link provided by ColoadoBills in the OP?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/transactions/