Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

3 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

I don't know why, but it always seems like the Browns add at least one or two of the top players at their position in FA every year. Quite a bit different than how the Bills have operated.

All splash no substance

19 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

I can't tell if people are actually upset about the lack of Bills signings so far.

So far there have been 8 signings. 5 teams have signed a player, meaning the Bills are 1 of 27 to not sign someone. Reeelaaaxxxx

Cleveland Browns - Case Keenum, QB

Cleveland Browns - Austin Hooper, TE

Cleveland Browns - Jack Conklin, OT

Denver Broncos - Graham Glasgow, G

Detroit Lions - Halapoulivaati Vaitai, OT

Miami Dolphins - Ereck Flowers, OT

Miami Dolphins - Shaq Lawson, DE

Oakland Raiders - Nick Kwiatowski, LB

And that's a group you don't want to be a part of...

2 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

I am too old to care about Day 1 of NFL free agency. Teams will regret handing out 75% of these contracts. 

That said I have no idea why the Jets didn’t do what it took to get DeAndre Hopkins.

Not even day 1. It's only the legal tampering period.

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

read lower scale, y axis says it is % change in wins, not the number of wins.  

Thanks I see that now.  I think I looked at the axis (you mean x right?) of the top one.

Either way still dont see how it works.  If its all your UFAs count against you then why are the patriots losing the their corner stone QB not lower and if its all the moves then how is LorAx and Shaq moving the needle that much.  Didnt realize it was from PFF but yeah that would need to be explained to me.

9 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Miami sure loves 3 year deals... wonder if this will be 30 million as well

They have a contract template to save on effort. Sucks when they have to sign punters and full backs, though...

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Browns are stacked.... it's hard to imagine them sucking as bad as they did last year.

Kitchens was a joke. 

I remember a lot of people predicting they were head to the Super Bowl last year. Lol

2 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Interesting, if he gets picked up he could help our comp formula and he was gonna struggle making this roster.

Until they bring in at least two NFL caliber WRs, I’d argue that McKenzie would make this roster as it is presently constructed.  Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think that it would be terrible if signs elsewhere, but the cupboard is flat empty ar WR after John Brown and Cole Beasley.  I think they need to draft 2 WRs early, preferably 1 in 1st and 1 in 2nd or 3rd.