Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

I love what Beane and McDermott are doing so I shouldn't complain but man, we are always the most boring team on the opening day of free agency

Morse, Beasley, and Brown would beg to differ. 

Give it time, moves will come, it's only been about 4 hours. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

I love what Beane and McDermott are doing so I shouldn't complain but man, we are always the most boring team on the opening day of free agency

No...we’re the most boring team in the opening day of legal tampering. On FA day, we announce a bevy of deals that are often kept quiet.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Thats because Beane isn’t going to sign guys to ridiculous contracts who are average football players. 

The Spain deal is a great indicator, 5 mill a year but only 4.5 guaranteed and can get out of it after a year. Many aren’t looking for that type of contract on Day 1

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

No...we’re the most boring team in the opening day of legal tampering. On FA day, we announce a bevy of deals that are often kept quiet.

That's what I meant. The legal tampering period is like a snooze fest for Bills fans

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I was trying to remeber last year how many deals 'leaked' during the tampering peroid. I think it was just Gore, and maybe Morse

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

?The loudest is only the loudest, not always the best....

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

Trades can still happen during the tampering period, right?

can but not final until start of new year

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

That's what I meant. The legal tampering period is like a snooze fest for Bills fans

We have been connected to 2 players so far based on what I have read.  Reader and Harris

6 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

Morse, Beasley, and Brown would beg to differ. 

Give it time, moves will come, it's only been about 4 hours. 

The Beasley and Brown deals came the day after. The day free agency opened the only deal we annouced was Kroft... and i believe Morse was annouced at the very end of the day.

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I was trying to remeber last year how many deals 'leaked' during the tampering peroid. I think it was just Gore, and maybe Morse

None.

The only deal that leaked ahead of time in 3 years of McDermott was Star.