Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Gabe earned a 61.8 in 2019 from PFF, Spain earned a 55.4  yet the latter cost $6.5 million less. To me Spain is the better value

That's from last year production, with Spain demanding 7-8 millions  that totally change(and i don't want any of them)

1 hour ago, GG said:

Inconsistency in the player vs unit ranking in his chart.  KC is among the worst rated interior DL units, yet Chris Jones is the top DT available in FA.

1 hour ago, Watkins101 said:

I believe that the ratings aren't necessarily for this past year, but are a reflection of the current roster. If they lost him, their IDL would likely be among the worst.

The position group ratings are from this past season's performance but don't include the players who became free agents.

13 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Noticed that according to this the Bills interior def line is ranked 29th in the league and is their weakest unit (but Star was actually good taking up space, he's not expected to make any plays in this defense?

Wr is the next weakest, followed by oline and rb. (Gore was not very good). 

Sounds about right.

32 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

The position group ratings are from this past season's performance but don't include the players who became free agents.

Considering there are only 4 DTs on the roster currently and 1 was a practice squad signing while another was injured for the majority of last season I don't think this says anything at all about Star.

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Gabe earned a 61.8 in 2019 from PFF, Spain earned a 55.4  yet the latter cost $6.5 million less. To me Spain is the better value

We need to get past using PFF as the arbiter of what player is what.  Their judgment is not necessarily the judgment used by NFL scouts/management.

• Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Between his old friends and teammates Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde being here, the world class recovery facilities that would help him stay healthy, and the way that this scheme would unlock his full potential -- the Bills seem like the best fit for him.

That being said, if the Bills envision him in Lorenzo's old spot, I could see him choosing a different team in order to get more snaps. He'd likely be off the field for at least 30% of defensive snaps in Buffalo.

I really hope we land him. He would be an EXCELLENT fit in this scheme and would provide tremendous leadership in a locker room suddenly somewhat in need of more of it.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I don't know Kurt Coleman's status... but if he walks, Reshad Jones just hit the market too. I'd love to see him and Karl Joseph at least LOOKED at!

Coleman is going to be allowed to walk IMO and I think they are comfortable with Johnson and Marlowe (he needs to be re-signed) as the depth. Personally, I don't see them looking hard into safeties unless they don't plan on paying Poyer.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Between his old friends and teammates Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde being here, the world class recovery facilities that would help him stay healthy, and the way that this scheme would unlock his full potential -- the Bills seem like the best fit for him.

That being said, if the Bills envision him in Lorenzo's old spot, I could see him choosing a different team in order to get more snaps. He'd likely be off the field for at least 30% of defensive snaps in Buffalo.

I really hope we land him. He would be an EXCELLENT fit in this scheme and would provide tremendous leadership in a locker room suddenly somewhat in need of more of it.

Side question: if you got good enough play out of someone would you consider lowering Milanos snaps some?  Obviously not in high leverage situations.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

And everyone can thank the Raiders and Broncos for paying Trent Brown and JaWuan James $16M and $13M, respectively

But a smart team will get an economical deal by offer sheeting Feiler to a front-loaded deal worth $8-10M per

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Think Robinson is alluding to it there, but I suspect Jones ends up in the $18-20 million per year range, which basically means, prepare yourselves for a monster Tre White deal here.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Think Robinson is alluding to it there, but I suspect Jones ends up in the $18-20 million per year range, which basically means, prepare yourselves for a monster Tre White deal here.

Man, I thought I had a good bead on the Tre deal at $16.4M. Guess I’m about $2.5M low if that’s true...but something tells me that the figure posted here is agent-talk. I’ll wager the highest FA corner deal comes in at $17M per