Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

In all likelihood we will be doing both. Sign a vet WR and also draft one or two WRs. You don't really want to go into the season with a rookie that has to be locked into the starting spot.

I'm hard pressed to think that they would feel like they would need to rely on a 1st round WR as a starter. They still have Brown and Beasley, Mckenzie is going to be in camp Duke will be in camp. Bring in your value WR and have him rise to the top in a battle during the spring and summer. This group is big on earning the playing time. If They end up taking a Higgins, they won't hand him anything but also he provides more than wasting playing time on a guy like Funchess or Richardson. Idk, just my take on their situation. unless they go after a clowney I feel like this team is going to be sitting on their hands during FA for the most part. They do have to figure out the LG spot and maybe retain some of the RT's the they had in camp last year. But the money they have free should be for the players that have earned a 2nd contract. At this point a good draft is what gets this team over the hump (WC/Division) and a next step in QB play.  

50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills were sniffing around him at trade deadline as I recall but Broncos didn’t want to trade him to a team they were playing in a few weeks 

They can get him and, on opening day, they can trot out John Brown (30), Cole Beasley (31), and Emmanuel Sanders (33) and dub them 'The Geriatric Hat Trick'.

36 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

They can get him and, on opening day, they can trot out John Brown (30), Cole Beasley (31), and Emmanuel Sanders (33) and dub them 'The Geriatric Hat Trick'.

You're worried about their age?   Worry about if they can play or not.  Plenty young players weren't near as impactful last season as Smoke and Beas, including young WR's in other teams.

3 hours ago, purple haze said:

You're worried about their age?   Worry about if they can play or not.  Plenty young players weren't near as impactful last season as Smoke and Beas, including young WR's in other teams.

1) I'm not worried about their age.

2) I was kidding,

3) Don't want Emmanuel Sanders.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

?  Brown and Beasely are not that old

See above.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Brown:   Born: April 3, 1990

Beasely:   Born: April 26, 1989

Sanders:   Born: March 17, 1987

My point is they (smoke and bease) were obviously not so old last year that they couldnt have their BEST season

They seem to be doing just fine?   Go by a veterans production....not their age

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If Spain goes than I'm pretty much penciling in Ford at LG.

Add the Ravens will go after Spain and the Ford Control what you can Control tweet...….AND maybe you are right on the ball and in line with Bills thinking

• Like (+1) 3