Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think you could argue either or

image.thumb.png.ef0cf4388c0c65f28229bf26631c6e18.png

You right, it’s possible to argue but I’ll wait One more year before I judge Bell contract, he had an horrible line as a RB, you’re not help by this haha.

57 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

C'mon we gots like 90 millions dollars man! 

He.  Isn’t.  Signing.  Here.  

We.  Don’t.  Won’t.  Him.  Here. 

Not.  Happening 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Conklin isn't what he used to be, but he's still adequate. I want Scherff or Thuney. Sign A Cooper and go OT in the 1st.

Isn’t what he used to be? Conklin only 25 (he just finished his rookie contract. Same age as A.Cooper) and had probably his best season yet in 2019.

Also, from what he said to Tim Graham about Buffalo, I don’t think Amari Cooper is interested in signing here. He said he hates the cold weather and would rather take less money to play somewhere warm than take more money to play in Buffalo.

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Funchess or Paul Richardson IMO

Devin Funchess would be a great fit !

He’s 6’4 and could be a good treat in the redzone, but we need a true N*1 WR  and I hope that we will find him in the draft. 

9 minutes ago, Smitty75 said:

He’s 6’4 and could be a good treat in the redzone, but we need a true N*1 WR  and I hope that we will find him in the draft. 

Good players are good fits.  That eliminates  funchess from consideration 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

We should bring in Jason Peters just for fun. Remember when he first started and he blocked a punt then the next year caught a touchdown? That was back before we knew what position he actually was 

I have never seen an OL with more athleticism than Peters. He was also the first one downfield on kick offs.

2 hours ago, Smitty75 said:

Which WR FA we’d have the most chance to land in your opinions ?

(In case if we draft a pass rusher with our pick)

I like Rashad Higgins better than any of the other names being thrown out there.

He would be a good number 4 WR on this team and actually be a contributor, unlike Foster.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/7/2020 at 7:00 PM, TheBeaneBandit said:

Not if they plan to move on from Star in the next year or so.

Personally I think the writer was connecting the Phillips might leave as an UFA and Brian Gaines dots. I agree I don't him landing here yet I wouldn't be shocked we add a vet DT if lose Phillips. David Onyemata of the Saints is a guy I could see bringing in.

Edited by The Jokeman

1 hour ago, Smitty75 said:

The more I think about a FA WR the more I want to stay away. They put a ton of money into 2 guys last year they should go the value route and get a guy cheaper in the draft with potentially more upside. Yeah I know 90 Mil in cap. But that doesn't mean there isn't more talent at a better price in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, section122hero said:

The more I think about a FA WR the more I want to stay away. They put a ton of money into 2 guys last year they should go the value route and get a guy cheaper in the draft with potentially more upside. Yeah I know 90 Mil in cap. But that doesn't mean there isn't more talent at a better price in the draft. 

In all likelihood we will be doing both. Sign a vet WR and also draft one or two WRs. You don't really want to go into the season with a rookie that has to be locked into the starting spot.

12 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

In all likelihood we will be doing both. Sign a vet WR and also draft one or two WRs. You don't really want to go into the season with a rookie that has to be locked into the starting spot.

Yup. I'm thinking a low cost, serviceable vet like Richardson then draft a couple guys. Takes the pressure off the rookies for immediate production, but the hope would be that one is a significant contributor in year one. 

• Like (+1) 4