Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Get me Clowney, Spend 3 of first 4 picks on 2 WR and RB.  That's 4 added play makers,  We still have tons of cap room, and 6 more draft picks for oline and defense

I have a variation on this. Spend 2 of the top 3 picks on Ruggs and then a RB. 

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

He has that effect. He has the data and solid logic behind it to back it up too

Clowney is tailor made to our defense. He can play stand up, you can move him around to both sides. We could be tough but also unpredictable with him and Edmunds being moved all over the field. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

How is it a headache that he wants a big contract? Wouldn’t you if you were him?

Nah he likes it there and they will pay him. It’s different than the Melvin Gordon situation. The GM isn’t stupid. They may move on from Ingram though. 

Wanting a bigger contract isn't. The fact that he held out, for what half the season or more? Before signing his rookie deal and now might be ready to hold out again before that rookie deal isn't even up is what I'm talking about. We don't know if he's we willing to hold out again, but if he is, he is gonna be a pain in the ass his entire career.

28 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Wanting a bigger contract isn't. The fact that he held out, for what half the season or more? Before signing his rookie deal and now might be ready to hold out again before that rookie deal isn't even up is what I'm talking about. We don't know if he's we willing to hold out again, but if he is, he is gonna be a pain in the ass his entire career.

I don’t think that’s fair. If I remember correctly the Chargers were trying to do something with his bonus pay that no other team was doing. Maybe it was even offset language. I don’t remember. That was a them problem and not a Bosa problem.

Now he’s doing what every player in his situation does, waiting for a long term deal. That’s standard for players of his caliber that don’t have guaranteed money commensurate with their production. We see that every year. 

2 totally different situations that are easily justified.  

Edited by Kirby Jackson

20 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

He didn’t hold out for the half the season. He signed during TC.

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think that’s fair. If I remember correctly the Chargers were trying to do something with his bonus pay that no other team was doing. That was a them problem and not a Bosa problem.

Now he’s doing what every player in his situation does, waiting for a long term deal. That’s standard for players of his caliber that don’t have guaranteed money commensurate with their production. We see that every year. 

2 totally different situations that are easily justified.  

Correct.

The Chargers wanted offsets and a deferred cash payment; typically it’s one, the other, or neither.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Correct.

The Chargers wanted offsets and a deferred cash payment; typically it’s one, the other, or neither.

They did give up the offsets Eventually but the deferred cash payments is something they have always done and wouldn’t change it. Tbh he had a really novice agent with CAA (it was the guy from Orchard Park). They switched his agent toward the end and he was signed immediately. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, Pete said:

Get me Clowney, Spend 3 of first 4 picks on 2 WR and RB.  That's 4 added play makers,  We still have tons of cap room, and 6 more draft picks for oline and defense

...Clowney quote I saw he wants to "reset the market" and the article mentioned Mack type money......anybody see that tariff in Beane's wheel house?............

8 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Rachel being an NFL agent again 

9D38921E-A7D7-429B-9CB5-F5D68F0E59CA.jpeg

LorAx being gone plays a role in this...he was a big influence on Poyer not holding out last year (more so than Tre and even Hyde).

Poyer picked a bad year to do this though—he was kind of brutal in coverage last year.

Oh, and Rachel, it’s not that simple. See, he’s under contract, so he either plays for the Bills or he holds out and gets fined.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

LorAx being gone plays a role in this...he was a big influence on Poyer not holding out last year (more so than Tre and even Hyde).

Poyer picked a bad year to do this though—he was kind of brutal in coverage last year.

Oh, and Rachel, it’s not that simple. See, he’s under contract, so he either plays for the Bills or he holds out and gets fined.

Don't worry, I'm sure her Instagram pictures of her backside can support their lifestyle.

1 hour ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Rachel being an NFL agent again 

9D38921E-A7D7-429B-9CB5-F5D68F0E59CA.jpeg

Her best bet is to stfu because she is surely not helping the man's cause. It also makes him look like a b**** if he has to have his woman speak for him.  This is starting to remind me of the Brent Grimes situation in Miami a few years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/28821779/fantasy-football-matthew-berry-20-things-learned-nfl-combine?platform=amp

some random post combine/general offseason information here. 

One thing that stood out is his nod towards Rivera potentially wanting Cam in DC... maybe not super realistic, but it would make some level of sense.

Hypothetically, if Riverboat wants Cam, and maybe the panthers want Tua, would cam be worth enough to swap 2 for 7? Or would there need to be more Involved?

just a crazy idea that struck me. 

32 minutes ago, H2o said:

Her best bet is to stfu because she is surely not helping the man's cause. It also makes him look like a b**** if he has to have his woman speak for him.  This is starting to remind me of the Brent Grimes situation in Miami a few years ago. 

That tweet will end up being deleted.  And what does she know about rocket science?  That would be an interesting conversation.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

It has been deleted 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

She deleted it 6 minutes after she posted it haha

What a surprise...all too predictable.  IIRC, something similar happened a couple of months back regarding Jordan getting paid for what he's worth, his sacrifices, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Despite our recent upswing, I still can’t see the Bills landing a glamour free agent like Clowney.  Money talks, but any of the elite pass rushers who hit free agency will have many suitors.  Still think our best shot of landing an elite pass rusher is trading our 1st rounder for somebody who’s unhappy like Bosa, but that’s still a long shot.  Most likely sceBnario is we over-pay for Lawson.  Beane can’t let both Lawson and Phillips walk without replacing them with an elite pass rusher.  

Beane has shown enough to get the benefit of the doubt........let the man work