Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I never want to tell someone what to do with their life but this guy should not play in this league any longer. They shouldn’t clear him.

Also, I think that it’s pretty bold of Brady to go to Vegas to compete with Peterman. I thought if he left New England he’d go somewhere with a little clearer path to be a starting QB?

This guys has had what? 7-8 concussions? If the NFL inc. really cared about the safety of their employees, they would have a set limit of documented concussions which would lead to a mandatory settlement and forced retirement.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

This guys has had what? 7-8 concussions? If the NFL inc. really cared about the safety of their employees, they would have a set limit of documented concussions which would lead to a mandatory settlement and forced retirement.

He just cleared protocol from the preseason last week!! You are 100% correct but they’ll never do that because guys will just hide it. I have a good friend that played for 7 seasons. He was a backup LB and special teamer. He said that he had a few documented concussion but had more than a dozen more that he never said anything. As a guy fighting to stay on a roster he was worried about his job.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He just cleared protocol from the preseason last week!! You are 100% correct but they’ll never do that because guys will just hide it. I have a good friend that played for 7 seasons. He was a backup LB and special teamer. He said that he had a few documented concussion but had more than a dozen more that he never said anything. As a guy fighting to stay on a roster he was worried about his job.

Yea, you're right, won't get documented if it isn't reported.....

1 minute ago, BeastMode54 said:

I'd like to kick Ford inside to Guard, move Feliciano over to LG, and sign Bulaga. Anyone agree on this?

Bills offered Bulaga a deal in FA a few years ago. I think it was previous regime though. If I recall correctly he took less to stay with the packers, at that time 

Edited by YoloinOhio

40 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

If they did that it would subject to abuse like Plantar Fakeitis.  The NFL already has players who shop around for doctors to get best diagnosis for what they want. 

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills offered Bulaga a deal in FA a few years ago. I think it was previous regime though. If I recall correctly he took less to stay with the packers, at that time 

This is true, but I don't think that the Packers resign him this time. I don't think hed get a long term contract but 2 years at the right proce might be a good stop gap and a solid player. Didn't miss any time last year as well

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BeastMode54 said:

I'd like to kick Ford inside to Guard, move Feliciano over to LG, and sign Bulaga. Anyone agree on this?

Why move ford to RG?  He played LG in college. Leave Feliciano at RG and move Ford to LG

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 2/28/2020 at 8:27 AM, YoloinOhio said:

No he didnt

On 2/28/2020 at 8:29 AM, njbuff said:

Wasn’t Hooper one of the players who said they hated Buffalo?

On 2/28/2020 at 8:45 AM, YoloinOhio said:

No he didn’t say that at all

I remember reading too he was one of the ones who said he didn’t like playing in Buffalo.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I remember reading too he was one of the ones who said he didn’t like playing in Buffalo.  

FWIW, no visiting players like playing in Buffalo. The stadium is old, visiting locker room bad, cold outside, hostile fans and comparatively poor hotels. That’s what they experience when they come to play the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I don’t mean this as anything other than a question: why are you so offended by the FA market?

The Bills a lot of cap space, but with these demands, how many above average players can the Bills actually sign?

That's my issue. And if it isn't an issue, enlighten me.

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Bills a lot of cap space, but with these demands, how many above average players can the Bills actually sign?

That's my issue. And if it isn't an issue, enlighten me.

They can sign at least 2 elite FAs—I’m talking $15M/year, plus another $10M/year player, and still have $50M left to sign draft picks, sign Tre White to a record-breaking deal, and pay Dion Dawkins and Matt Milano without cutting anyone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

They can sign at least 2 elite FAs—I’m talking $15M/year, plus another $10M/year player, and still have $50M left to sign draft picks, sign Tre White to a record-breaking deal, and pay Dion Dawkins and Matt Milano without cutting anyone.

And be FINE in cap shape moving forward. There really is no such thing as “cap problems” unless you’re totally incompetent.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Like, say, Atlanta?

Exactly!! You can throw the Jags in there as well. 

The reality though is even in those disaster type scenarios you can make 1 to 2 semi-difficult decisions and be back okay. Trufant goes and you are back above water (at least somewhat).

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Exactly!! You can throw the Jags in there as well. 

The reality though is even in those disaster type scenarios you can make 1 to 2 semi-difficult decisions and be back okay. Trufant goes and you are back above water (at least somewhat).

Yep... I think it’ll be Mack and Neal.