Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

2 hours ago, dje85 said:

The Bills and Buffalo have a long way to reviving their name sadly. Just last Probowl Buffalo was voted the worst place to visit by the players. 

Yup, but a few more years of winning will help that considerably, seventeen years of stupid is hard to shake off, but the Bills current organization is in the right path to change the perception. Losing makes you a loser, winning makes you a winner, regardless of location. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

This isn’t college football. Most of these guys that hit free agency are going to whichever team is going to pay them the most. If the dollars are close then they go with the situation they are most comfortable in.

That’s fair, and for many players I’m sure that’s correct. For me, money would only go so far. If the dollars are close like you’ve said, with what I have to put my body through to get ready to play and then actually play the games, I’d want to know I’ve got a decent shot to win something or at least get to the playoffs. 

It really was a genuine question. I’m not saying it in a snarky way like the Bills have historically been some model organization. For many years they’ve been right there in a similar boat as the Jets. I’m praying the Bills have finally turned a corner organizationally. 

17 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Cooper was the one saying he doesn't want to play in he cold. He said he'd take less money.

Hooper, Cooper at least rhyme.

I do not see Hooper in the same light as others here.  He is good, not great.  Suspect he will get over paid.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Makes sense. Graham has been ineffective there, and they can cut him without consequences. Basically just give Hooper Grahams money.

Seems like every TE that goes there is ineffective for the most part. Rodgers just doesn't seem to utilize them much. before graham it was jared cook that was supposed to breakout and never did. I get that its Aaron Friggin Rodgers but if I was a TE looking for production I'd be a little hesitant heading there. But winning and money can cure quite a bit. haha.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I suppose so. For this amateur reading ‘tween the lines, I think there’s plenty of revenue at the ready. Owners are so determined to get this done, THEY’ve offered perks for this contract they’ve shut the League down for in years past. I’m convinced-without much evidence, they Know they’re about to make a ridiculous killing on new tv contracts, streaming services and additional channels offering  League games. I’m cynical, but if I’m right, the players will rue the day they accepted this Trojan Horse..

These are good points, but it's all relative.   The players will make out just fine; it's just that relative to the owners, they'll probably leave some money on the table.  

The players will get a lot that they like, and they won't be willing to shut down the league to do better. 

11 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Seems like every TE that goes there is ineffective for the most part. Rodgers just doesn't seem to utilize them much. before graham it was jared cook that was supposed to breakout and never did. I get that its Aaron Friggin Rodgers but if I was a TE looking for production I'd be a little hesitant heading there. But winning and money can cure quite a bit. haha.

Cook missed OTAs etc due to foot surgery and then missed 6 games due to a high ankle sprain. His stats for that season are low because of that. Look at his playoff performances that year after he regained his health... Rodgers fed Cook the ball. Aside from Cook and Jermichael Finley most of their TEs have been older retreads and late rounders. Graham’s first year in GB was similar to his last in Seattle. He dropped off this season; stopped getting as much separation and started losing jump balls. Not worth the money ($11.6MM cap) anymore. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CookJa02/gamelog/post/

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GrahJi00.htm

Now, Rodgers dropping off along with a system change is also a conversation that can be had. That certainly plays into all of this. 

40 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I'm wary of free agent tight ends, generally.  Graham to Seattle looked like a slam dunk winner and - not so much.  I don't think tight ends are the impact players some people thing they are.   You need the right guy in the right situation.   Graham looked all world, but it now it looks like it was more about Payton and Brees.  

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Recommendations on Italian restaurants in NYC are accepted.  Thanks.

Who is paying? It's been a while, but Il Buco is always the real deal if you got a sugar daddy.   

11 hours ago, purple haze said:

Carmine's.  The Upper Westside location is my fav, but Times Square is good too; just super crowded.  Get reservations before you go.

Carmine's food is pretty good, but you're better off looking for something less touristy.   Another poster mentioned La Mela in Little Italy, which is a blast if you're going with a large group.  Shockingly reasonable for the amount of food that you get, but certainly a rustic establishment (you'll see with the wine).   

4 hours ago, Nanker said:

Go to Little Italy. It's where Italian American cuisine started.

Some ideas for that part of town

Paesano's for that Soprano's vibe.  

I would say, though, don't limit yourself to just good Italian when in NYC. 

• Like (+1) 2