Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

33 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

I see the Jets doing what Buffalo did last season with bringing in tons of o-line guys...they really messed up last year not doing anything to protect their new QB

Yeah but what is funny is we take Long (OG/C) off their hands and he actually played pretty well for us...hope we keep him for depth

Keep spending that  money jets

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yeah but what is funny is we take Long (OG/C) off their hands and he actually played pretty well for us...hope we keep him for depth

Keep spending that  money jets

Long would have been a top 2 or 3 lineman on their team last year.... Ah Jets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Long was a very smart depth pickup. 

To add to this, what was really nice too was that Beane added enough guys where we could feel much more comfortable with our 6th or 7th guy than we ever did during the drought years.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thought we could dump the news/rumors from around the league starting to emerge from the combine 

Still don’t understand why anyone would want to play for Gase or the Jets dumpster fire of an organization. Is the NYC proximity really that big of a deal?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

We need to go get him! Set our RT and blow up the Jets plan at the same time!

I like the way you think! 

There is the point that some people claim Conklin actually isn't that good - I have not watched enough Titans to have an opinion

I kind of wondered if we were going to go after Halapoulivaati Vaitai ourselves

5 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Wasn't Newton rumored to them at some point? I know Rhule said he was still "their guy" but have heard it all before...could also be Rivers. Not even going to speculate on Brady.

Neither Rivers nor Brady is going to go somewhere to "push" the starter.  They want to walk in the door and be handed the keys.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I like the way you think! 

There is the point that some people claim Conklin actually isn't that good - I have not watched enough Titans to have an opinion

I kind of wondered if we were going to go after Halapoulivaati Vaitai ourselves

Neither Rivers nor Brady is going to go somewhere to "push" the starter.  They want to walk in the door and be handed the keys.

Good point - though "push the starter" could also be an aside to potentially moving on from Trubisky altogether.

Honestly, I can't see how any established veteran wouldn't out perform him at this point and win the starting job.

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

Why go compete with the Bears when you can start with a better team in Tennessee? Tannehill is gonna get 20 plus in FA. That's not what you pay a QB to compete, that's starter money.

I could see the Bears paying Tannehill 20 mill plus.

They are desperate.