Jordan Palmer on Josh Allen

Commish

What’s the jist of the interview? 
inquiring minds want to o know...

Palmer said he believes Allen will be a top ten deep ball thrower next year because his pattern has been when he sees a problem he corrects it. 

Said Beane and McD are the right guys for Allen. 

Mentioned that Allen wants to be a Bill his entire career and he wants to be great. He’s been working his tail off since he got there and Allen and Buffalo are one of the all time great fits. 

Good stuff. I recommend listening to it. 

• Like (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 7

Just now, whorlnut said:

Palmer said he believes Allen will be a top ten deep ball thrower next year because his pattern has been when he sees a problem he corrects it. 

Mentioned that Allen wants to be a Bill his entire career and he wants to be great. He’s been working his tail off since he got there and Allen and Buffalo are one of the all time great fits. 

Thanks for summarizing it.  But isn’t he Allen’s qb coach that works with him in the offseason.  I mean what else is he supposed to say?

i think it would be interesting to hear his criticisms of Allen and things he needs to improve on.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Thanks for summarizing it.  But isn’t he Allen’s qb coach that works with him in the offseason.  I mean what else is he supposed to say?

i think it would be interesting to hear his criticisms of Allen and things he needs to improve on.

Why do we need his criticism? We have so many experts here!  :)

But yes, it’s not like he’s going to say “he’s made very little progress in the offseason, I don’t see much hope for him.” 

Technically, saying he fixes what’s broken and he’ll be a top 10 deep passer next year, he was saying his long ball was lacking last year. It’s an acknowledgement of what’s been subpar. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

With Allen he’s darned if he does and darned if he doesn’t. When I listened to Palmer saying that I knew this would be the exact reaction from some of you. SMH...

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Or a picture, for those of us who were expecting one from the way the title was phrased?

This type of reply is what makes life so special here...

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I appreciated how Palmer said that as the year progresses the players become ‘out of shape’ (I wish I was that ‘out of shape’) and revert in form. Not sure if he’s saying this to keep players coming back or not but it does make a degree of sense. 

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

This.  A few more points:

-Talked about how the timeline is different for the established starter vs the rookies or the guy who is trying to make the team.  Said when he was backing up his brother, they would train together all offseason and he had to peak in OTAs because he's trying to make the team, his brother would start touching the football in OTAs.

-Said guys after the season whether in the NFL or in college, are not in the best shape they've been in, they've had guys falling all over them, their footwork is messed up so they go back to basics.  Said he had Josh for a week without throwing the ball, then throwing one day a week, then throwing two days a week, just working on his base and footwork (kind of implied similar for the 4 veterans he's working with).  They're trying to figure out the biomechanical basis for any issues they did have and playing with things to get it right.

5 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I appreciated how Palmer said that as the year progresses the players become ‘out of shape’ (I wish I was that ‘out of shape’) and revert in form. Not sure if he’s saying this to keep players coming back or not but it does make a degree of sense. 

It's actually something I thought I saw, that Allen's footwork regressed a bit as the season went on.  Part of it was the sprained ankle that was never mentioned (the tape was just there for a couple weeks) and probably some other pains and strains, part of it was that we faced some better teams with better pass rush.  It would be good if the Bills coaching could come up with some extra time (ha!) for footwork cut-ups on film and some drills to try to keep this aspect sharper for Allen during the season.

• Like (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It would be good if the Bills coaching could come up with some extra time (ha!) for footwork cut-ups on film and some drills to try to keep this aspect sharper for Allen during the season

I agree and, to be honest, it surprises me to hear that McD (thus his coaches) doesn’t harp on this throughout the year. He almost constantly speaks of fundamentals. 

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

I agree and, to be honest, it surprises me to hear that McD (thus his coaches) doesn’t harp on this throughout the year. He almost constantly speaks of fundamentals. 

It's one thing to harp, it's another to build in time to work on the right stuff the right way when there's film to watch and game plan to install and rep count to complete.

The QB of necessity has the highest workload and is integral for all three of those tasks.  That's why I said extra time (ha!)

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's one thing to harp, it's another to build in time to work on the right stuff the right way when there's film to watch and game plan to install and rep count to complete.

The QB of necessity has the highest workload and is integral for all three of those tasks.  That's why I said extra time (ha!)

Yeah, not sure if I’m buying that: in business, I ‘harp’ on fundamentals while doing all my people do...it can be built in to the day to day routine. If not, it’s a missed opportunity...just my opinion. 

Right at the end of the interview Palmer says that Josh Loves buffalo, loves being here and is thinking of nothing else but being a Buffalo Bill for his entire NFL career. 

He says that Buffalo is the biggest city that Josh has ever lived in. 

Man I hope Josh works out. I love rooting for him. 

• Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I Must Comment on the entire Jordan Palmer SCAM!  He's created a BRAND NAME for himself with nothing to back it up!

He played three years in the NFL and never started a game.  He completed 11 passes for 66 total yards, no TD's and 2 interceptions.

IF you THINK his $61 million dollar NET WORTH at age 35 came from his playing career you are very naive!

He's built up a wonderful 'guru' camp that appeals to young QB's that helps them with their self-confidence.  Footwork and accuracy are normally a natural reaction and not able to be taught.  When the pressure comes you revert to your natural instincts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 6