McDermott's "Come to Buffalo to be the best version of you that you've ever been" echoed by players

Logic

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well concrete is hard my friend.. and I'm sure we didn't win in the end lol

Getting trucked by ice and concrete at 9 is totally equivalent to Ray lewis taking your head off lol no wonder you never got hit harder

Closest I came to that was getting railroaded by (former Sabre’s Asst GM) Larry Carriere’s kid in JRs practice.

37 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm fine buddy we all live life

I made football my #1 and I took a lot of hits. I'm happy and love life

I just lose my car keys and wallet 13 times a day

One word:  TILE

https://www.amazon.com/Tile-RE-20004-Pro-4-Pack/dp/B07W9B83YV/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=tile&qid=1582855053&sr=8-5

• Like (+1) 4

There's really NOTHING to criticize here, although the positive extrapolations are a bit extreme.

With the weather/small market issues the Bills face, it's absolutely vital that the GM/HC do everything in their power to make Buffalo an appealing destination. McDermott seems to do a great job "inspiring" men and fostering a positive environment. That much is self evident. 

Results are really the only thing that matter, and McD has eked every single win possible out of his rosters ALL 3 seasons in Buffalo. While I question the importance of "culture" and all of that jazz, the proof is in the pudding. While the draft is the lifeblood of the team, I do think it's important for the Bills to acquire some top end talent via FA'cy. If this helps, that's great.

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...is this an OBD Geico commercial?..........

I've gotten dumber than a caveman from some of these comments.  The fact that you have players rallying behind the statement, and fans on a messageboard poo-pooing it, says all I need to know... ?

6 hours ago, BillsVet said:

McD is well-versed in the PR aspect to being a NFL HC and knows how to flip the narrative when he needs to. 

It reminds me of what went down after the loss to Cleveland.  McD and staff were criticized for settling on a game-tying FG that Haushka missed.  The following Tuesday, the team made sure via Chris Brown that people heard McD's comment to the offense about playing fearless. 

It was designed to push the problem off onto the players and away from the staff.  And it worked when fans ate that up with a fork and spoon. 

McD doesn't say or do anything without intention.  But statements like this only go so far and are well short of what it takes to build a roster that can win in the post-season.  Something he's not been able to finish - yet.

Have another drink

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Im not an English Major! I've had 12 concussions! Idk what I even ate yesterday

You showed a great fondness for kohlrabi and turnips.  Kohlrabi burger with turnip fries.

On topic, we just KNOW what McDermott said is gonna be trash-talking points any time someone gets a play on our D, right?  "Hey, that your best version?"

10 hours ago, Heitz said:

I've gotten dumber than a caveman from some of these comments.  The fact that you have players rallying behind the statement, and fans on a messageboard poo-pooing it, says all I need to know... ?

I think you should reconsider the IQ of cavemen.  I mean, those were the guys who managed to cook mammoth steak after killing with sticks-n-stones (literally) then cook the steak on a fire started with punk wood and sinew.  Your ancestors musta passed, but prolly on their IQ test, you'd flunk out.

10 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

There's really NOTHING to criticize here, although the positive extrapolations are a bit extreme.

With the weather/small market issues the Bills face, it's absolutely vital that the GM/HC do everything in their power to make Buffalo an appealing destination. McDermott seems to do a great job "inspiring" men and fostering a positive environment. That much is self evident. 

Results are really the only thing that matter, and McD has eked every single win possible out of his rosters ALL 3 seasons in Buffalo. While I question the importance of "culture" and all of that jazz, the proof is in the pudding. While the draft is the lifeblood of the team, I do think it's important for the Bills to acquire some top end talent via FA'cy. If this helps, that's great.

See I think while there is some truth to the small market/ weather thing, I think it completely overblown.  What good FA have we really lost out on because of those things?  Why doesn’t Miami and San Diego before LA get every FA?  The nfl is so different than other leagues because of the length of the players careers.  They want money first, then winning, and then the other stuff.

also, if things go south here, I could see McDermott being a really good college coach.

13 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

If you are a defensive player and you want to reach your potential

You should seriously consider coming here

McDermott is a defensive guru. I have no doubt his scheme is a genuine masterpiece and is a well oil Machine

I 100 percent agree with this. Defensive players excel under SM.

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You showed a great fondness for kohlrabi and turnips.  Kohlrabi burger with turnip fries.

Now you got me hungry for kohlrabi and there is a new German supermarket chain near me.  I cannot decide between Caramelized Kohlrabi Soup or Cream of Kohlrabi Soup with bratz.

23 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Now you got me hungry for kohlrabi and there is a new German supermarket chain near me.  I cannot decide between Caramelized Kohlrabi Soup or Cream of Kohlrabi Soup with bratz.

WTF happened to the recipes forum on here anyway?  Maybe we should start a Recipes Club.

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

But continued to get opportunities no matter how embarrassing the previous one was.... 

I tell ya, that Peterman guy must be a Whiteboard Warrior and a film-room Wizard.  He’s got Catnip for Coaches, is how I figured.

17 hours ago, BillsVet said:

McD is well-versed in the PR aspect to being a NFL HC and knows how to flip the narrative when he needs to. 

It reminds me of what went down after the loss to Cleveland.  McD and staff were criticized for settling on a game-tying FG that Haushka missed.  The following Tuesday, the team made sure via Chris Brown that people heard McD's comment to the offense about playing fearless. 

It was designed to push the problem off onto the players and away from the staff.  And it worked when fans ate that up with a fork and spoon. 

McD doesn't say or do anything without intention.  But statements like this only go so far and are well short of what it takes to build a roster that can win in the post-season.  Something he's not been able to finish - yet.

Image result for shut up gif

15 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Then why didn't McD make that statement last year?  A year when they had every intention of being aggressive in UFA?  A year when expectations were going to be high?  

I get that most fans aren't capable of putting themselves in McD's position and their proclivity is to laud anything the team does.  My belief is McD said this because he's entering the fourth off-season as HC and this year is critical to his rebuild.  He also knows the schedule promises to harder than the 3rd easiest in the NFL. He recognizes a need for more talent and they've got money to spend even if they re-sign Tre, Dawkins, and Milano.  He also knows that many of his contemporaries are or close to getting to the SB.  

McD ain't a surface-level thinker like a lot of fans are.  

Image result for wtf gif

18 hours ago, BillsVet said:

image.thumb.jpeg.7ac9568b0569e73903ba2da6a0be9f01.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 3