What really opened my eyes about JA 17 these last 2 years

BillsBlue

Hi all I just wanted to drop a few thoughts about our very polarizing 

Qb. I know there's a good number of bills fans and those outside the organization that still doubt Josh and his potential. He's a total enigma as told by many stat crunching sports writers. His stats aren't the prettiest but I'd say there is no competitor in the NFL that has MORE heart and grit to will a victory (I see him as a tie with 

The most determined and focused QBs in the league in this respect). 

And then there's the eyeball test, 

Watch this kid when he plants his feet and the line holds for him....it doesn't get much better than that and he hasn't had very much help the last 2 seasons. A big thing to me is that he made Zay Jones look above average with his alligator arms and all in 2018 the kid put up a decent season. How did that work out for Derek Carr in the black and silver?? Then he gets 3 new toys in Beasley,smoke and singletary and I'll call Knox an unreliable but high upside toy so really 3.5 new toys haha.  He gives smoke and Beasley career years in only his second season with an almost all new supporting cast and has shown a serious chemistry throwing to Knox. Sprinkle in an average to slightly above average oline his numbers this year between wins and total TDS and major improvement in total TDS to int/fumbles lost ratio in 2019 is phenomenal. 

I see this kid as willing to do what it takes to sniff a Superbowl and when he hits that stage I think he'll have improved enough at that point to not only beat the other team but to beat the refs in the process. 

Over and out thanks if you read this long post?

Edited by BillsBlue
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

I feel like I've already read this exact thread in the recent past

I'd say it's possibly your subconscious at work and your inner thoughts possibly being in alignment with my detailed premise above

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BillsBlue said:

Qb. I know there's a good number of bills fans and those outside the organization that still doubt Josh and his potential. He's a total enigma as told by many stat crunching sports writers. His stats aren't the prettiest but I'd say there is no competitor in the NFL that has MORE heart and grit to will a victory (I see him as a tie with 

Watch this kid when he plants his feet and the line holds for him....it doesn't get much better than that and he hasn't had very much help the last 2 seasons. A big thing to me is that he made Zay Jones look above average with his alligator arms and all in 2018 the kid put up decent season. How did that work out for Derek Carr in the black and silver?? Then he gets 3 new toys in Beasley,smoke and singletary and I'll call Knox an unreliable but high upside toy so really 2.5 new toys haha.  He gives smoke and Beasley career years in only his second season with an almost all new supporting cast and has shown a serious chemistry throwing to Knox. Sprinkle in an average to slightly above average oline his numbers this year between wins and total TDS and major improvement in total TDS to int/fumbles lost ratio in 2019 is phenomenal. 

I see this kid as willing to do what it takes to sniff a Superbowl and when he hits that stage I think he'll have improved enough at that point to not only beat the other team but to beat the refs in the process. 

Over and out thanks of you read this long post?

Just some fact checking:

Beasley had a good year. But was not too far off his normal production especially if you simply account for time on the field. Plus he has actually had a better year in 2016 - one being playing with a rookie Dak Prescott.

Brown also a good year. But he also has played well and similar in most of his career. Other years have been similar and again if account for time on the field it correlates. In 2015 he put up a 1000 yd season with a 36 year old carson palmer. 

Jones - He led the team in targets with the Bills and still only caught for 600 yds. Not a good example. 940 snaps in one year and 650 in the next. His numbers the first 4 weeks with the Bills were exactly the same as his numbers the rest of the year with the Raiders. 

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Just some fact checking:

Beasley had a good year. But was not too far off his normal production especially if you simply account for time on the field. Plus he has actually had a better year in 2016 - one being playing with a rookie Dak Prescott.

Brown also a good year. But he also has played well and similar in most of his career. Other years have been similar and again if account for time on the field it correlates. In 2015 he put up a 1000 yd season with a 36 year old carson palmer. 

Jones - He led the team in targets with the Bills and still only caught for 600 yds. Not a good example. 940 snaps in one year and 650 in the next. His numbers the first 4 weeks with the Bills were exactly the same as his numbers the rest of the year with the Raiders. 

Still all impressive nonetheless imo and Palmer is nothing to sneeze at as well Dak is better than what people give him credit for and good catch about Beasley's best season I couldn't remember but I knew it was damn close and Dak had a damn good offense around him that season all in all not to mention an awesome line. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

One of the other 117 Josh Allen threads wasn't suitable for these thoughts, no?

I think there needs to be more we are bills fans aren't we??

8 minutes ago, BillsBlue said:

I think there needs to be more we are bills fans aren't we??

YES!!!!  I suggest you start 4 or 5 Allen threads a day, and let me know how that works out with the mods?  If they tell you to knock it off, I'd double or even triple the number of Allen threads...until you get put in timeout.

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Just some fact checking:

Facts? No. Conjecture. From a hater at that. Nothing the OP said was wrong nor worth a lame critique.

48 minutes ago, BillsBlue said:

I'd say it's possibly your subconscious at work and your inner thoughts possibly being in alignment with my detailed premise above

? um.. no. Nothing new here at all. Even haters realize astounding talent, skills and improved play from year 1 to 2. But it’s the lull period in the offseason, so...

I don’t recommend making a habit of repeating threads though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Year 1 Josh completely blew me away with his athleticism & scrambling ability. I thought this kid was some Bledsoe statue.

Year 2 Josh did exactly what I expected him to do. He improved his accuracy and pocket decision making. Yes he struggled in deep throws & ball security but that can be corrected. He was always a 3-4 year project. This is no news flash to any Bills fan or NFL pundit. I expect in year 3 Josh continues his gradual upward trajectory. He still needs more OL help. He still needs a #1TE. And especially he desperately needs a #1WR he can develop chemistry with. Last but not least Daboll will need to step up his game too. Use Josh exploiting all of his strengths. Incorporate that into your offensive structure. I want much more from Josh Allen then a Dalton/Tanahill type qb. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsBlue said:

Watch this kid when he plants his feet and the line holds for him....it doesn't get much better than that and he hasn't had very much help the last 2 seasons. A big thing to me is that he made Zay Jones look above average with his alligator arms and all in 2018 the kid put up decent season. How did that work out for Derek Carr in the black and silver?? Then he gets 3 new toys in Beasley,smoke and singletary and I'll call Knox an unreliable but high upside toy so really 2.5 new toys haha.  He gives smoke and Beasley career years in only his second season with an almost all new supporting cast and has shown a serious chemistry throwing to Knox. Sprinkle in an average to slightly above average oline his numbers this year between wins and total TDS and major improvement in total TDS to int/fumbles lost ratio in 2019 is phenomenal. 

Over and out thanks of you read this long post?

There really isn't too much to argue here. Some might disagree with the spin on Smoke, and Beasley's "career years," or that Allen made Jones look above average (or that Jones ever looked above average, for that matter). But, for the most part, I agree with your opinion on Allen. For me, the two games that really highlighted Allen's character were vs Pittsburg, and Dallas. He's hard to rattle (which made his O.T. performance vs. Houston doubly disappointing). 

But, I do have one issue with your post: Is Allen really "very polarizing?" I don't think so. Sure, there are the handful of usual suspects who will bend the narrative to fit their go-to negativity-- that's just a constant. And, there are plenty of posters who are skeptical. I'm skeptical. But, I would say the vast majority of Bills fans genuinely like him. In general, I'd say he is the opposite of polarizing-- he's downright inspiring, both for his team, and the fanbase. Tyrod Taylor was polarizing. EJ Manuel was polarizing. Peterman was polarizing. Josh Allen is Jesus Christ compared to those guys.

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Year 1 Josh completely blew me away with his athleticism & scrambling ability. I thought this kid was some Bledsoe statue.

Year 2 Josh did exactly what I expected him to do. He improved his accuracy and pocket decision making. Yes he struggled in deep throws & ball security but that can be corrected. He was always a 3-4 year project. This is no news flash to any Bills fan or NFL pundit. I expect in year 3 Josh continues his gradual upward trajectory. He still needs more OL help. He still needs a #1TE. And especially he desperately needs a #1WR he can develop chemistry with. Last but not least Daboll will need to step up his game too. Use Josh exploiting all of his strengths. Incorporate that into your offensive structure. I want much more from Josh Allen then a Dalton/Tanahill type qb. 

As my skepticism towards Allen has lessened, my skepticism towards Daboll has increased.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

There really isn't too much to argue here. Some might disagree with the spin on Smoke, and Beasley's "career years," or that Allen made Jones look above average (or that Jones ever looked above average, for that matter). But, for the most part, I agree with your opinion on Allen. For me, the two games that really highlighted Allen's character were vs Pittsburg, and Dallas. He's hard to rattle (which made his O.T. performance vs. Houston doubly disappointing). 

But, I do have one issue with your post: Is Allen really "very polarizing?" I don't think so. Sure, there are the handful of usual suspects who will bend the narrative to fit their go-to negativity-- that's just a constant. And, there are plenty of posters who are skeptical. I'm skeptical. But, I would say the vast majority of Bills fans genuinely like him. In general, I'd say he is the opposite of polarizing-- he's downright inspiring, both for his team, and the fanbase. Tyrod Taylor was polarizing. EJ Manuel was polarizing. Peterman was polarizing. Josh Allen is Jesus Christ compared to those guys.

As my skepticism towards Allen has lessened, my skepticism towards Daboll has increased.

Awesome reply and I agree about the Pittsburgh and cowboys games for sure

16 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I concur I doubt dabolls game plans and play calls much more than I doubt Allen as well and see the same needs for the team thanks for a well written reply 

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I was sure it was going to be THE TRUTH.  The truth about Josh Allen (we call him "JA") is already spelled out in another thread.  

It's rare that I get a day off work to be able to read a ton of the board, I saw the thread a day ago about Josh Allen needing to be a running qb to be effective so I threw my opinion out there haha