Did anyone become a Bills fan later on in life or convert from another team?

Another Fan

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

So, most likely you will be onto another team in a few years.

Lol you question my fan hood sticking by the team through the last 20 years?? 
Only to jump to another team now. I’m here in East Tennessee with my Bills flag hung proudly in my yard in good years and bad years all the same. As a fan I take a beating in all sports between the Mets, Knicks and Bills. Nobody gets their heart broken in sports possibly more than me the last 20 years. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 2/27/2020 at 3:02 PM, Smitty75 said:

New fan here, i’m from France so It’s complicated to find a attachement with a specific team.

I started following the NFL in 2011, i watched a ton of different teams but i never found the one who made me want to stick with them.

I’m a Raptors fan in the NBA, the fact that the Bills is the most popular team in Toronto, the Bills Mafia, and the snow bowl are the 3 reasons who made me decided to be a fan. ?

Smitty  doesnt sound very French :D

15 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Only to jump to another team now. I’m here in East Tennessee with my Bills flag hung proudly in my yard in good years and bad years all the same. As a fan I take a beating in all sports between the Mets, Knicks and Bills. Nobody gets their heart broken in sports possibly more than me the last 20 years. 

Nope, was just breaking someone's balls and I happened to pick you out of the crowd.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Smitty  doesnt sound very French :D

Ahaha you right, to explain to you guys my pseudo my favorite player used to be Steve Smith.

He’s the first player that i really enjoyed watching when he was playing with Carolina, so as a fan of the player, I decided to choose his surname.

Edited by Smitty75
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/27/2020 at 12:43 PM, Another Fan said:

Reading through posts on the couple years I’ve been a member here it seems most were Bills fans since childhood.  They were born into it.

Im curious if anybody became a Bills fan later on in life or any converts from other teams.  I mean my opinion on people for one thing has changed over the years.   Same with TV, music, movies, cars, etc....

Reasons per say can just be as simple as say I never liked football as a kid.  Or I went to a Bills game and really loved the atmosphere.  

Wouldn’t make someone any lesser a fan imo.  

Quit couple years after SB run.
Watched some other teams casual

Stopped watching football for a couple years actually.
Started paying attention again when Marrone and his Little Buddy Nate gave it a shot. Watched some Gailey time, but that made me sad.

Glad i stuck to it this time. Last few seasons have all year round interesting and major fun.!
Go Bills

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Nobody chooses this.  When I was born my dad chained a 20 lb iron ball to my leg and said, “I’ve been carrying this thing around my whole life, now you’ll do the same.”

That’s being a Bills fan.

Awesome. 
Dad did you right that day

23 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I dropped the Knicks during the Isaiah / Starburry fiasco. Never looked bad. Dolan is a $&#$! Idiot!!!

27 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I dropped the Knicks during the Isaiah / Starburry fiasco. Never looked bad. Dolan is a $&#$! Idiot!!!

I 100% agree. The Carmelo trade almost killed my fandom for them. 
Traded away all those young pieces for a one on one selfish player. I rarely watch them anymore but I follow their moves. They are still a long ways away from ever being relevant. They need what we got in buffalo when Ralph passed. New blood top to bottom and tear the whole thing down and start from scratch 

On 2/28/2020 at 7:38 PM, Rc2catch said:

As to the OP; I became a Bills fan at age 9 and never looked back. Mom is from Buffalo and I was hooked immediately.

As far as heartbreak, I think I got you beat buddy. I "love" 3 teams; The Bills, the Tigers, and Michigan BASKETBALL.

Since I became "of age" in terms of sports, those teams have played in and lost a combined 10 STRAIGHT championship games/series. You'd be hard pressed to find 3 random teams with that kind of record over a 30 year span. The Bills obviously lost 4 straight starting in 1990. Michigan basketball has lost 4 straight starting with the FAB 5. The Tigers have lost 2 (2006/2012).

When you consider a team has to be really good to even reach a championship, most of these are more or less a coin toss. Three teams; 10 STRAIGHT losses. 

Please forgive my cynicism when it comes to the teams I support.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/27/2020 at 3:02 PM, Smitty75 said:

New fan here, i’m from France so It’s complicated to find a attachement with a specific team.

I started following t,he NFL in 2011, i watched a ton of different teams but i never found the one who made me want to stick with them.

I’m a Raptors fan in the NBA, the fact that the Bills is the most popular team in Toronto, the Bills Mafia, and the snow bowl are the 3 reasons who made me decided to be a fan. ?

Smitty, I have family in Alsace. Their daughter lives/works in Paris.  Good people, my wife & I have visited them a couple of times. Ever go to that wine festival they have

in August in Chateau neauf du Pape? It's really a party!      Welcome to the Bills! Greatest fans in the NFL.

Used to be a diehard Raiders fan. Read “Ken Stabler and the Oakland Raiders” book over a hundred times. I took it out so many times at the school library, that the librarian gave it to me. Kenny King, Fred Biletnikoff, Ken Stabler, Todd Christensen, Lester Hayes, Jim Plunkett, Marcus Allen, Cliff Branch, etc. were my favorites, but Dave Casper was my all time favorite. My Dad was a Bills fan. He took me to a Raiders-Bills game at Orchard Park when I was a youngster. I was in such absolute awe of the tailgate experience, stadium, and fans, that by the end of the game, I was a Bills fan. I’ve been a Bills fan ever since. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

From central NY but got sucked into the Steelers vortex.  But cared a lot about the Bills.  Heartbroken when they lost to the Giants.   Slowly that reversed and firmly landed on the Bills side 10 - 15 years ago.

I actually was just as much an AFC fan as anything.   Even the Patriots.  Grew weary of the NFC winning all of those SBs.

But I have grown to love the Bills and as a result really dislike all other 31 teams.  Especially the Patriots. 

12 hours ago, RevWarRifleman said:

Smitty, I have family in Alsace. Their daughter lives/works in Paris.  Good people, my wife & I have visited them a couple of times. Ever go to that wine festival they have

in August in Chateau neauf du Pape? It's really a party!      Welcome to the Bills! Greatest fans in the NFL.

Awesome ! Alsace is a really nice region, «Strasbourg» is a city that you should visit there, if it’s not already done ;) I never been to this festival because I’m not a wine guy ahah.

Thanks for the Welcoming ? #GoBills!

I was about 10/11. Football was being shown on free to air TV in UK and it was the early 90's. The Bills were in the Super Bowl every year and it looked like it would be that way forever. I chose them then. I'm still glad I did that.